Picasso's and SnowFlakes clownfish club...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, here's a dedicated thread to talk about your Picasso's and SnowFlakes clownfish... pls post pics of your Picasso's and/or SnowFlakes and any other info you want to share with the community...

my Picasso's are newly added to my tank so I'll take some pics when I can... :)

Thanks and let's have fun with this thread... :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked up a single picasso today from a local reefer friend. The mate had died so I got this one for $65. I put it in the tank today and it went straight to the ORA stumpy clowns and they are all swimming together. I will be adding to more picassos come Tuesday.

Uber excited!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many Picasso's can you have in one tank? I'm setting up a 28g nano just for them and I don't really plan on breeding... just want to have a nice group of them... :)

I wonder if they'll host a Tyree neon green toadstool? if not, I wanna get a yellow or blue carpet anemone... :)

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but I need to figure out what these new guys want to eat first before going any further with this new obsession... LoLz...

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how many Picasso's can you have in one tank? I'm setting up a 28g nano just for them and I don't really plan on breeding... just want to have a nice group of them... :)

I wonder if they'll host a Tyree neon green toadstool? if not, I wanna get a yellow or blue carpet anemone... :)

I have a 14" tall tyree toad that is Huge and my clowns don't even look at it. I was always hoping they would host it.

Last edited:

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a line on a few pairs....hopefully the will go through all the ones I have found are dependent on part outs so I have to wait and see.

I do have someone offering B grade Picasso's but I'm gonna wait out for the A grades.

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 is the most you'll be able to handle, you can start off with 3 but 2 will pair up and attack and either cause severe damage to the other clown or it will die depending on how fast you notice it being attacked.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen 4 in one tank...

I am going to put 3 together and see which ones pair up then remove the other to a new tank. :)

I am still looking for a 4th...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My new picasso swims up to me like we were best friends already. Its swimming with the other clowns and eating like mad! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well fine then!!

Took a pic of the one I got today. It is still coloring as it is young but here is the left and right side. Pics are a little grainy but i didnt have the settings correct on the camera..

picasso7_27_08.jpg

picassoo7_27_08.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a pic from the vendor of the ones I am getting Tuesday.

pair2.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice Rev... looks like you have the HI islands on one side of your new Picasso's.. ;)

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes extremely nice pair rev, the picassos have always been eye-catching to me because every fish had different amounts of white color and striping, would love to see more pictures everyone.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back