Clarkii and RBTA

Akayl91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I came home to the worst thing :-( my anemone was sucked up by my filter.
Last night they were great. I did my normal water change
uploadfromtaptalk1397799644770.jpg

Then tonight I came home to this
uploadfromtaptalk1397799716413.jpg

Feeling sick to my stomach and sad I didn't know what to do so I carefully peeled it off and got a zip lock container to put him in inside so if their was a chance he was alive he wouldn't be in the current.
uploadfromtaptalk1397799839486.jpg

About an hr later I see my clarkii who has been paired with him go into the container. I was worried and thought he was eating him but decided to leave it be.... now 4 hrs later I checked with a flashlight and see this
uploadfromtaptalk1397799983388.jpg

Somehow the clarkii has gotten the blob to attach to the rock I put in the container and is cuddled next to it.

Is their any hope for the anemone or am I wasting the poor clarkii s time? has anyone else had their fish nurse an anemone back?

Oh by the way I checked my ammonia when I saw this too figuring if the ammonia spiked it was definitely too late but all levels are still 0 and normal...

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is hope. But I'd find a way to seperate the two. The clown may kill the anemone given it's condition.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back