How long have you successfully kept your anenome/clownfish?

NOLA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longest that I ever had a clown was about six years (true perc). Could have had it longer, but sold prior to a cross country move. Had multiple clones of one RBTA for three or four years before selling for same move.

OP
OP
Reef.ductionist

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for responding. Oh and I forgot to ask: What lighting do you/were you using? Led /t5/ halide?
Thanks again
Im just going to follow along now.
Cheers all!

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had my anemone and pair of maroons for close to 16 years.
I got them and the anemone the same week.
They were in a 180, then a 240, and now in a week or so my new 233, and 2 different holding tanks while the new tanks were being setup.
They've had a bumpy ride.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longest anemone was about 13 years;
S. haddoni, 75 gallon tank, lighting was 6*65 PC, upgraded to 2*250 MH + 4*54 T5.
Lost it when I purchased a new S. haddoni and it was infected, spread to 2 other S. haddonis.

Longest clown pair was a mated pair of Clarkii --- about 10 years, sold them when they were digging the sandbed all the time and ticking off the above S. haddoni.

NOLA Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to keep them under various halide setups from 80w HQI on up. Now under LED. Even tried to keep one under an ooold school fluorescent bulb (30wattish???), but that was almost thirty years ago. Ahh, the good ole days, nobody had much of a clue what they were doing (compared to now). Dolomite gravel and undergravel filters were cutting edge!

Back