first anenome ?'s

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

i'm trying to research before i get my first nems. i would greatly appreciate some compatibility suggestions as well as stocking suggestions for my tank.
i have really been wanting to get some nems to have their beauty and see them hosting clowns. my 75g is packed with coral and afraid of them moving and stinging. so... they are getting their own cube :)

i am setting up a 50g split dt with a 29g sump. i am going to have a frogfish on one side and a nem tank with a pair of clowns on the other side. so... i will basically have an 18" x 18" x 20" cube for just nems and a pair of clowns.

wondering about...

- compatibility... can i stock a handful of different anenomes together? maybe a bubble tip, carpet, flower, and a tube?

- size / growth? which nems would be suited for a tank that size?

- which nems are usually the most vibrant and healthy?

- any other good advice or reading material to look into for my first nems?

thanks!

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer ---- long day with the family.

There are 3 types of hosting "carpet" anemones, IMO/E, all will be pretty close to getting too big for that tank.

Are you thinking sandbed dwelling or rock dwelling?

How is the tank going to be split?

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the feedback / info.

the tank is being split with 3/8" tempered glass and completely sealed. it will be like 2 cubes side by side :)

i had planned on going with a shallow sand bed and then some live rock. i'm open to whatever is best for nems though.

i have seen some very cool carpets, especially the purple and blue ones. maybe i could get a medium sized one. if it grows too large, trade it in? i'm not sure... any suggestions?

thoughts on keeping multiples?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back