How long to wait for new tank

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how long should i wait till i get an anemone for my tank. Tank is new. Only a week old 105 gallon. 15 gallon fuge and 20 gallon sump. My rock was cycling for 5 months before i started the tank. I currently have 2 clowns and 2 cardinals in my tank. Clowns are 3/4 in. And about 1 in. For cardinals.
uploadfromtaptalk1398349581049.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398349595332.jpg
All parm are zero. Amon. Nitrate. Phos. I have 2 ai hydras for lighting.

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would say 6months.you dont want it to die so its best to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
jerseypete

jerseypete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i guess its best to wait. Just worried my clowns ive had for a week have made their home swimming back and forth around my mp40. I guess they like it there. Just afraid thell get sucked in.

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say 6 mo... but id say a couple weeks. Def dont put it in now... I moved my tank and it was a mature tank. Still ended up dying. I think they say 6 mo because thats when your system (your tank husbandry skills) gets to a constant. The water quality isnt much different besides more good bacteria in the sand and LR. But you have all of that already.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're worried about them around the pumps I'd go ahead and buy the foam covers for them. You'll need them anyway once you put a nem in the tank. I put my nem in the tank two weeks ago and it actually looked happy where it was...got home on Tuesday and it was face first in the wiers. Luckily i'd put some of the netting in front of the wiers to protect my tiny clowns and it kept the nem from getting sucked too far in. Once I got it out the current got it before I did and it headed straight into the side of my MP40. The foam cover saved it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back