How many fish did you lose to your nem

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well it a somber day for me i lost my first fish to my nem today. A brush with death it was nematocyst got the best of him while i was gone for a few hours. My newly aquired clowns may have had a "hand" in this as they are known to coerce other fish into a trap, notice the nem's mantel , very high upon the glass .

051.jpg

One bad turn, and its touchdown. I took a few hours for him to die, he first lied on his side and try to swim it off but in the end . The other fishes seem to know he was dying they were swiming close and very slowly, very creepy. i had to pick him up this morning behing the rockwork, i finally gave him to the nem , her prize...saved me a few frozen fish for the week because feeding her every other day i decided not to feed her this week, she got her lot for the week now.

049.jpg

Picture before the lights on, natural light, Purple Saddleback , Stichodactyla haddoni below with white lights only and Amphiprion clarkii;

006-1.jpg

So the question is how many fish did you loose so far with you nem and how did it happened?

Do you feed your dead fish to your nem too?

tumblr_mxm9fuMOpy1rbkc33o1_500.gif

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time I lost a fish to a nem was if the fish was already sick. I have had a slow small fish trapped by a large rhodactis shroom :shocked:

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my black male clown and a mandarin goby to my RBTA both in a two day span. It was weird cause neverhad an issue before and have not had an issue since.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future you want to avoid feeding the anemone that large of a fish, regardless of if the fish was killed by the anemone, you're just asking or a bacterial infection.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An anemone may not be able to completely digest the fish before the fish begins to decay/rot, bacteria love dead tissue.

AL1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet stung a fox face...lost the fox face and ditched the carpet nem shortly after

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 confirmed to my blue carpet, perhaps one or two others that just went missing. Just sticking with the clownfish and a yellow damsel in that tank from now on.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my Kole tang to my h. crispa and my h. crispa to the Kole tang. :(

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Maxi Minis = 4 fish gone! Saw 2 get eaten and the skeleton of another being regurgitated, the 4th I'm assuming. Stickiest nems ever! Fish just brushed up against them and that was it :(

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Maxi Minis = 4 fish gone! Saw 2 get eaten and the skeleton of another being regurgitated, the 4th I'm assuming. Stickiest nems ever! Fish just brushed up against them and that was it :(

i can relate....

8 rock flower nems = 3 fish gone.... 2 yellow watchman gobies, and an awesome fancy ocellaris all within 2 weeks. the gobies went missing, but i saw the clown getting eaten. i took it out and gave it to my frogfish :tongue: then i sold rock nems. the clown was the last straw. now i just have bta's in that tank.

Codemonkey812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a copper banded butterfly to a BTA less than one minute after adding the fish to the tank. It just swam straight into it. I pulled the butterfly out and put it into a hospital tank but it died by the next morning.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be interesting to see who hasnt lost one to a anemone...
Also it should just be Mertens, gigantea and haddoni and other anemones that are knows too eat fish...
Bta's would not eat a fish, most unless really weak can get away.

I just lost two fish to, get this: my maxi minis (Stichodactyla tapetum)..

They caught both my fire fish...

Back