OP
OP
Waffo

Waffo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been researching and it kinda looks like a true carpet.. But correct me if I'm wrong plz.. It's my first anemone.. I have no experience with them..

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a carpet anemone, can't tell what kind based on the pics. They can be difficult to keep, depends on the health of the specimen. They require high light and good water quality. They also get very large and may catch and eat other fishes in your tank. They are a natural host to many clownfish species.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the underside of the oral disc look like? Is it smooth or is there any verrucae?

How long have you had it?
How long has the mouth been like that?

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya ive had one for several years, i love it because its so big over a foot in diameter, but it has tooken out 2 of my fish in the past years...luckily mine has not moved one inch in years, but im still so worried the day it does is a path of destruction torwards my corals...still debating the day of bringing it in. other than that threat i love it, all company that comes to my house loves the symbiotic relation of that and the clown

Gunner2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very aggressive. Besides your clowns I would say goodbye to the rest of your fish. Sorry.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest picture makes me really want to say it is an S. haddoni.

It appears that you don't have much (( if any )) of a sandbed --- should be at least 3 inches deep, can be locally that deep.

OP
OP
Waffo

Waffo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newest picture makes me really want to say it is an S. haddoni.

It appears that you don't have much (( if any )) of a sandbed --- should be at least 3 inches deep, can be locally that deep.

I do have a deep sand bed it ranges from 3.5 to 4inches..

sirreal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept Haddoni carpets for many years. The mouth problem is pretty common with a stressed out carpet but if he finds a happy place and is fed well it will go back in. Might take a month or 2. The color looks good so thats the best part. I find so many that when they get really stressed they will bleach. The deep sand bed is great, It gives them a place to pull into if the get spooked but I dont run more then an inch in my carpet tank. Also as far as loosing fish its hit or miss. I have one that will eat fish any chance it gets then I have 2 that want nothing to do with fish as long as they get some meaty foods. The one that will eat fish has eat 3 tangs A sand sifter goby and a couple angels. I think a lot of that has to do with were they came from. Maybe the water was to deep for them to get good light and thee were a lot of fish around so they got there energy from fish and not so much from sulight. I dont know for sure. I know of ones that have been in peoples reefs full of fish for many years and the carpet never bothered them so like I said I think its hit and miss.

OP
OP
Waffo

Waffo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll I just got home from work and it has moved towards the middle of my tank and attached itself to the bottom glass threw the sand.. Is that a good thing.?
Oh and it's mouth it's still open..

Back