Nem is not looking so good right now

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night a small head from the Hammer coral broke off... guessing it was from my LG turbo snail.

The Nem decided it would be a great idea to catch it as it blew across the substrate... I do not know how long he held onto it, but they decided to keep stinging each other until I pulled them apart this morning... I'm not sure who won, but they both look like they have been worked over pretty hard. The nem has lost a few tentacles i noticed, and also cleaned up from the rock work in the tank.
The most interesting thing is the head of hammer coral was roughly smaller then a dime when all expanded in the lights...
How long until the nem might look better? Right now he is all curled up hiding and not having a care for anything...

WP_20140819_08_20_17_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's nothing you can really do for it. You'll just have to wait and see if it recovers. Trying to move it would probably just stress it out more.

reggaedrummin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's unfortunate... You just have to wait and hope that it recovers. I wouldn't try anything in excess of your normal routine as any increased stress will only sweet it back further. Be diligent in keeping your water quality stable to minimize any additional stress on the nem. Good luck!

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let it do its thing. I once dropped a rock on a nem and thought it was done for. Instead it just split and was back to normal in a couple weeks. Wouldnt be surprised if yours did the same thing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back