Clownfish with ich I think?

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a juvenile clownfish in my 25 gallon reef tank got him about 2 weeks ago and he was fine he is still very active and eating but when I woke up this morning he has white dots and his right fine is a bit tattered looking I'm pretty sure it's ich.
My tank has been up for three months now and everything else is doing great his only tank mate is a red scooter blenny who seems just fine.
I can't get a pic of him because he won't sit still.
Anyways I've been reading up on it but I could really use some advice on how to handle this I really don't want to lose this guy or my other fish so any advice would be awesome?

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a qt tank setup and transfer the fish over so you can treat them with a copper based treatment. Try your best to get a picture so you can be sure that it is in fact ich.

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the stuff I need to start up a quarantine tank but how should I do it? Do I take tank water out of the 25 gallon and put it in the quarantine tank or do I start with freshly mixed saltwater? Also what medicine do I need to get?

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to your lfs. Tell them u have an ich issue theyll point u in the right area. Also use water from ur own tank or tje tank will have to cycle. Which will be stressful on.ur fish

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you definitely need cycled water. A lot of people use Cupramine but I've use one called Copper Power...don't use Kick Ich if your LFS offers that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I can't for the life of me catch this fish is there anything I can do that will treat him in the main tank?

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this may sound really horrible but taking everything apart and possibly making my corals die all to try and save a 14$ clownfish just isn't an option I want to save the fish but not at the cost of my corals.

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I can't catch him and I can't move all my stuff should I just try to keep him well feed low stress and try to let him beat it?

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol that would not be a cost affective. I would look on craigslist for a cheap 10 gallon tank to setup for a qt

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing is my LFS only had ich attack or tetra lifeguard all in one so I'm not sure what to do about that either.
Sorry if I'm overloading you guys.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back