New update on this green BTA.

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is not the best picture but the BTA is off in a cave where i cant get a good light to him. He looks like a flat white. with some green to him. I have tried feeding him, I didnt see a reaction to the food. Like last week he was bubbled up going on 8 days now he this way. All of my water checks ok. There has not been any chance in temp. The tank has been running since June, and the ph also stays around the same lvl's.phosphate =0 test 2 days ago.

photo 4.jpg

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks to be very bleached in that picture. Is that the mouth gaping in the middle right hand side of the nem? I'm afraid it might be gone but let others chime in.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does looked bleached. The tank finished cycling in June? I think it might have been a little too soon to add an anemone. The only thing you can do is wait it out and see if it recovers. Maybe another member might have a better suggestion. GL.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, Everything in the tank is doing good to me. blasto's grew another head. Also the rocks are starting to get the purple algae going on.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So so you all are saying bleached so how can I come back from that. The coral has been in the same spot for 2 weeks. One side.has green color the other side it white weird to me.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the green BTA, is still bleached but its eating krill shrimp. It just ate a piece about the size of a dime. I dont know wha this means but im thinking its a good sign??/

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just got home and fed my GBTA a large piece of krill and he ate the whole thing. If the GBTA is eating the kirll does that mean he is coming back from being bleached out?

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's eating that's a great sign. The colors should eventually come back.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright cool, I feeding it like every 3-5 or 3-4 days. I read and watch some ppl saying that if you feed them more often then it will give them more energy to come back to life? i dont know if thats true or not but trying

JenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA was 1/2 flat - no bubbles at all - turns out if they are starving they will eat their tentacles.. we've been feeding him little pieces of fish every few days and he's almost completely regenerated and color is back

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool so maybe mine I'll be coming back soon. I guess when I got him some store didn't feed him and then I got him here and he was not eating for 2 weeks.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a word of caution, if you feed too much, it can stress the nem. I might give a small portion every 5-6 days....it's still really hard to make out the health of the nem on the pics.

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo (5).jpg

I got another picture maybe giving you a better idea of the GBTA, mouth looks good to me. Small the movement seems a bit weird to me. It will get really long and almost touch the sand and make the head part fat???

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just Fed my GBTA a silver side cut in half. He ate it all and now his next feeding is in 4-5 days. Also ill add in that he moved places. So i think that he might make it because of two things. One he is eating and two because hes moving, Would you all say the same thing>>

OP
OP
Mstanker

Mstanker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now i have tried two times to feed him sliver sides and IT said NONONO, but the it keeps moving around on the backside of my rocks. Anyone have any input on this?

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it alone. Dont feed it too much once a week is good. It might have been too early to add one and no hes looking for the right spot. If hes moving.and still eats once a week hes good theyre very intelligent creatures they know where they want to be. It might not be what you want.

Also i agree he does look bleached where did u buy him what lights was he under ? Are your lights better stronger ?

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless its really big small chunk of food is better. I switched to small chunks of salmon on mine. Dont want to feed it something that is bigger than its mouth.

Back