Help!! China red bubble tip :(

Xbreakxitxdownx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410744855.400697.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410744872.648787.jpg

The first pic is when I got it and the second pic is 2 weeks later what happening? I fed it 1/2 krill once a week.
I have radion xr30w pro and it's set at 85% intensity my ph is 8.03 right now salinity is 1.025 ammonia and nitrite is 0 nitrate 20ppm

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell what the second picture really is of. Kind of looks like the first picture with more blue..

Is it dropping its tentacles or anything? mouth gaping wide open?

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats not a good sign really... loots like some of the tentacles are still inflated, that is a good sign.

What are all your water levels like? How much light are you giving it a day?
I can not find info on the China Red BTA... are you positive it is not a cold water bread? some nems will only live in cold water environments

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrates are fine for a bubble tip. I have 20ppm of nitrates growing bubble tips like it's growing a tomato plant, you might have gotten a bad one from the store.

It does happen from time to time. Make sure if you see it loose all it's tentacles to watch it . You wouldn't want it to die and stay in your tank.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off how long has your tank been setup for? You shouldn't add anything like that till your tank is established at least 4months on the safe side.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's the krill doing it . Was it transparent color when you got it from the store or a solid red witch you can see threw? Or a faded pink?

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well when you got it . It was not healthy then. It needed some TLC IMO it might not make it . I don't really no what to tell you , I wouldn't want to give you any false information. Hopefully someone can chime in that is good in this field.!

I hope ALLL goes well for you and the anemone . Hope it pulls threw !

Bayoureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything else in the tank that could be hurting it? I had a maroon clown that would rip tentacles off of its LTA. Could be a fish or other not reef safe creature in the tank be picking on it?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your anemone more than likely has an infection. Sometimes when an anemone becomes stressed, they end up submitting or yielding to an overwhelming force. What is this force? It's better known in the medical field as a Pathogen.

So what exactly is a Pathogen? I'll give you a great definition.

A pathogen or infectious agent is a biological agent that causes disease or illness to its host.

So what to do with your Anemone? IMO, treat him with Septra DS aka Bactrim, or Ciprofloxacin.

So my lastest thread on treatment, or click on my board name to look at my threads to find the one that says "Protocol for Treating infected Anemones."

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back