Purple S. Gigantea update

xtlosx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just wanted to post some pictures of our Purple S. Gigantea that come February will be with us for two years. I was ready to use cipro, but ended up never medicating at all and this guy has been a champ ever since. The spot he is in has been the exact spot that was first chosen and hasn't moved. The colors don't come through all that great, but they are bright and vivid.

Here's the shot immediately upon being put into our DT.

IMG_1708.JPG

Now almost two years later... still my showpiece and everyone loves to stare at it.

IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

FTS... Don't mind the empty space, it's all SPS frags growing out, except for the left island.. That's basically S. Gigantea land.

IMG_3058.JPG

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! looks like a very healthy and beautiful gig! congrats...

i am looking for my first gig. mind me asking where you got that one from?

OP
OP
X

xtlosx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! looks like a very healthy and beautiful gig! congrats...

i am looking for my first gig. mind me asking where you got that one from?

I got it from a local shop when the flood of gigs was happening in Chicago at the time.. I was lucky enough never to have to mess with cipro and medicating.

Very nice S. Gigantea! He looks healthy.

Thank you.. He's been through cyano hell, nutrient hell both phosphates and nitrates, and is a tank... probably doubled in size since then.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of 10 new nems, how many typically need it?

About 9 out of 10. IMO they are the most sensitive anemone of all.

However, once you stabilize one, I find them to be easy to care for and quite hardy. They are about the same as a Haddoni once stable.

Just don't make changes in ur tank. They do well in old established aquariums with diversity. Even aquariums that are neglected somewhat and have a lot of macro-algae.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from a local shop when the flood of gigs was happening in Chicago at the time.. I was lucky enough never to have to mess with cipro and medicating.

Thank you.. He's been through cyano hell, nutrient hell both phosphates and nitrates, and is a tank... probably doubled in size since then.

That's awesome! He is very nice.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back