BTA conserns

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she's been in the dt for about three months now at first I had her with a brown clown beautiful clown but to big for her he would feed her and be with her at all times , but I noticed that she would not open as big as in the lfs which by the way the water had no movement ,no light and it sure wasn't clean but I bought her anyways she had beautiful colors and healthy well I upgraded to a150 and got read of the clown because it was stressing her now she will open maybe a third of her size and her tentacles only a few are out she eats i feed her when the fish eat and you can tell she's opening her mouth but she stays the same size I don't think she's dying her foot is healthy her mouth is closed she doesn't like flow because I've aimed flow to her and she hides she gets away from to much light so you tell me whats up with her ?

KorL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics would help. But if the clownfish is too big and BTA too small, that's not a good combination. I don't think the smaller BTA's can handle being harrassed constantly by aggressive clownfish

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a percula my wife bought it for me not big much smaller than the brown hasn't seen the anemone yet hopefully it will but then she's so small he might not see her will get a pic tomorrow morning and post it

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a pic of the bta what do you guys think

Attachments

• 1411491502057.jpg
    1411491502057.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 134

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be struggling. Not much you can do besides monitor it and make sure your water is perfect condition. Also, I would stop feeding the nem if you can help it.

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well shes just eating the mix that I give my fish wich has som rrotifiers and cyclops havent been giving her anything solid since shes been like that

760mason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nems are picky. You just changed to a bigger tank? Check your water params. When I moved, my tank went through a Cycle. I dont know what caused the cycle but it happened. My nems looked like that for a week while the cycle completed. They are now bigger than ever.

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope is that shes a beautifull bta massive colors hopefully shell get out if it I know the parameters are good am working now on my ato for salinity.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back