rock flower anemone placement advice

iretthepirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a rock anemone and was wondering where I should place it. I know they like the bottom but should I place in the sand against a rock or just the lowest level on my rock and not in sand? I would actually like to place it higher though cause its going to be a focal piece as my sexy shrimp will want to host on it. I know they like lower lighting and I have t5 so do u think it would be ok higher up. Suggestions/advice please

Nykolay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it in the middle of the rock since in the future you probably gonna have more stuff on top which will ultimately reduce the light exposure.

Your call though.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 RFA, I placed them perched on some rock and they did not move an inch. Just put it where you think it will be happy and it will stay.. they are not one to roam around like other nems.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some awesome Rock nems online from VIP Reefs. I put mine close to each other. However they do roam a little bit.

raptorman5174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two RFA and they really don't move much. Just place it in the middle of the yank with light water movement

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have 18 rock anemones. they like all different types of light .

we have ours right now under a 30Rimless DB shallow reef with a 8BUlb 24" ATI fixture. 1.5-2" sand bed light fixture hanging 9" off the rim of the tank.

sometimes they stay put where you put them sometimes they will move to a place they like and rest there footing.

other then that, They stay put and dont move.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back