Need some RBT Advice

Bea3987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey yall,

So I went to the LFS and got a RBT. It looked like it was propagated, but was healthy looking. So I pulled the trigger and got it. When I got it home I noticed it is not sticky. It will take food but I have to practically hand feed it. It's mouth is located near an edge and not centered. That's why I feel it was propagated. It expanded in the tank, but still not sticky. Still won't grab food when given. Any advice? It looks healthy, but my experience says something is wrong.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the nem split and you got half of it.
How long have you had it? I know my one BTA is not that sticky compared to the other BTA I have.. I target feed all my nems to make sure they are getting their food and a fish does not take it from them.

dub3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on the RBT, but a long tentacle a friend had took about 2 weeks to finally pick a spot and stay put. And that was in a nano.

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all depends on your parameters and where its located. If it likes where it is the nem will stay put and be happy. If not it could move or act strange while it hunts for its "perfect spot". This could take a day, a week or may never happen. Do you have any other nems in your tank? I would suggest against feeding and let it do its thing until it gets comfortable.

ygon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When my nems split I usually don't feed them for at least the first week to give them a chance to rebuild themselves. After that i'll feed them small amount of krill once or twice a week. Usually by two weeks there mouths are healed and they have new tentacles growing.

Orbela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time no feeding it is probably really stressed from slitting then being moved and not given time to recover.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back