Multi color sebae? I.d. Please?

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

i just picked this nem up last weekend from a lfs. it was labeled as an "ultra grade h. crispa". i have a green'ish tan crispa, but it looks different then this one. i just thought this one looked too good to leave behind maybe it's common and just my first time seeing one like it??? it has settled right into one of my nem cubes, stays open, and looks healthy.

it has neon green flesh in the middle, green tentacles in the middle, tan tentacles in a ring around the edge, and blue tips. it is at least 9-10" expanded.

I thought about it being a malu, but I thought malu had bands on the bands. This is band free. Seems to also have pretty long tentacles to be a malu. I'm no expert though....

any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 179

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance we can get a picture to see the verrucae & foot. Good pic is needed for ID.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting do you have on him? Take the pic without all the purple light.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the foot on this nem is solid tan and it has tan bumps on the underside of it's pedal. it is attached to the bottom of a rock.

All the H. malus that I have seen/dealt with have a red foot, so I am leaning towards it being an H. crispa, but a picture of the foot/underside of the oral disc would help. Though I wouldn't annoy the anemone just for the picture.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it folded a little and i snapped a couple quick pics. not the best pics, but it definitely shows a pale tan foot and underside of the pedal. thoughts???

i have it under a radion led and about 12k spectrum. i try to adjust the color to make it look just like it does in the tank on the photo. poor quality, but very close color wise.

you can see the color of the foot clearly in this pic. look at the pale tan directly under the clown.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this one in person this evening and the pictures don't do it justice... beautiful nem.

OP
OP
geckoejon

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H. crispa. And a great looking one at that.

thanks for the feedback!

I saw this one in person this evening and the pictures don't do it justice... beautiful nem.

eric, is that you incognito on this forum? i guess it could also be the mailman that was chillin with my wife tonight while i was at work :tongue: i guess mailmen can be nem lovers too. lol

Yeah, looks like an H. Crispa, or Malu.

lol still on the fence??? well, i think it's beautiful either way. i just like to know what i have, and glad i picked it up...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back