Mixing Clowns

CFQTPye

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on having a tank (55 gallon) with two pairs of clown fish. One False Percula Pair and One Pink SKunk Clown??

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See it ending in you having just one pair, most likely the pink skunks.

I had a spawning pair about 5 years ago, the most aggressive pair of clowns I have every owned (( have been keeping clowns for 20 years now )), they even took out a golden dwarf angel.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it with a pair of percs and tomatoes in a 180. Even with "host" corals on opposite sides of the tank it didn't work for long. I had to rehome the tomatoes.

Devin R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 clowns right now, in my 125. A pair of Picassos and an Ocellaris, they get along great and all 3 are hosting my Pagoda, lol. I plan on adding another Ocellaris soon to see what happens. I introduced the Ocellaris as a baby which is why I think they got along and I plan on doing the same for the next, and hopefully so on.

jimbau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on how and when they are introduced. If you add them all at the same time you have the best chance of them getting along. But if you have an established pair and then add another fish you will have trouble. If you are going to add more clowns after an original pair I would re-do the aquascape first.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm with trex on this. i think 2 pair is a bad idea. i have seen exceptions, but the majority of the time it doesn't work...

on the other hand, i have introduced a single pink skunk in my tanks to show my ocellaris and percs how the nem hosting goes. works like a charm. the pink skunk stays in the nem for a couple days to a week, i take it out, and the ocellaris / percs dive right into the nems :) that is a single and not a pair though. it's also for a brief visti and lesson.

AJQ69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, how about introducing a pair of spotcinctus in a established tank with a pair of black ice??:help:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back