Dead Anemone

retiredsailor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning to my Haitian Anemone partially in and along side the intake for one of my power-heads. Unfortunately it had happened sometime in the middle of the night and resulted in it being chopped apart and the vast majority blown around the tank in very tiny little pieces. Only about 10% of the anemone is left and, as stated, its stuck along and in the intake for the power-head.

I have got the test the water but I have to wait until I'm at least semi-awake and aware and capable of more movement than I am now. Should I leave the portion stuck to the power head? Its about the size of a quarter and slowly deteriorating.

Thanks for your time. I'm not a complete idiot, I'm just barely awake and still pretty sick which negatively effects my actions and thought processes.

ian

bond300

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Happens sometimes! Sorry to hear that. I have a dumb one that like to do that saved it twice now had to change my water flow. I know I love them! Clean all that you can find and you should be ok.......10% WC would be good!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer! :( I would run some fresh carbon.

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah take it out, run carbon, and do a wc. these guys can crash a tank if they die in it, releasing powerful toxins

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back