Is it possible to keep two pair of clown fish together?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a coin toss. If you have a big enough tank and maybe at least two anemones.... I have a five foot custom 90 gallon and it was a disaster when I tried to introduce a second pair. It was immediately World War III. Had to pull the tank apart to get the new pair out.

OP
OP
C

chris124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a coin toss. If you have a big enough tank and maybe at least two anemones.... I have a five foot custom 90 gallon and it was a disaster when I tried to introduce a second pair. It was immediately World War III. Had to pull the tank apart to get the new pair out.
Yeah I had the same thing happen to me when I first got in to the hobby. I had to return the new pair to my lfs. I guess the only way to maybe getaway with it would be to add them all at the same time.

Stinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown Fish

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me when I first got in to the hobby. I had to return the new pair to my lfs. I guess the only way to maybe getaway with it would be to add them all at the same time.

I have a 5 ft 30" wide tank and 5 amenomes 160 gallon , first pair was ocellaris, when i added the second pair of true Percs , they actually swapped partners and attacked thier old partners. Had to remove the weaker new pair. My understanding is you must get them when they are very very young and small to keep them together, but then again that is never a gaurantee.

Last edited:

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trio of Percs (Spawning and sharing a jumbo Aussie Elegance), a Pair of Black Percs, a Pair of Midight Percs and a Pair of snowflakes.

No anemones, but lots of LPS and xenia. They move around. The snowflakes like my Alveapora.

Dave B

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can be done.imo the key is space and anemones.i keep three percs in my tank two picasso and one plat they do fine together i have a bunch of anemones and a 6 foot tank.i also know one day that could change and im ready for it but right now they all three get along the plat is the female and the picassos are the males

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back