Missing Anemone

CFQTPye

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a dilemna. I had a small green bubble tip anemone that wasn't looking So hot. It was deflated but still had it's color and tentacles. It moved itself to a lower region in my tank that quite Honestly I thought was a little exposed. I did what everyone says and left it alone. Fast forward 3 days and i noticed it was still in the same state and I noticed my tuxedo urchin mighty close to it. Still left it alone. I left the room for an hour and when i returned, the nem was gone and the urchin was in a completely different area.

I had originally thought maybe the urchin was going to add the nem as a new hat... as I always find the most unique things as my urchin has an eclectic "sense of style". But found no nem. This leads me to two questions...

1. Do tuxedo urchhins eat deflated nems

2. If my nem is indeed still alive in the tank... and is not doing well... and can't find it. What should I expect to happen if it dies in my tank??

I have other nems and they're very happy.

Thanks in advance for your advice
Corinne

chiblackhawks4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never heard of any urchin eating a nem but that doesnt mean they dont. Maybe someone will chime in with a little more expertise. As far as what to expect, that all depends. If I were you Id just sit tight (I know how hard that can be) and keep an eye out for it and keep an eye on your other tank inhabitants. If they start acting funny that would be a good indicator that something is up. How big of a tank is it? The larger the tank the less of an impact it would have if it had indeed died. Hopefully it pops up happy!

OP
OP
C

CFQTPye

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a red sea C250 (65 gallon tank) 55 gallon DT, 10 gallon sump in the back. What do you mean by "funny"??

I'm leaving things as is... but i'm nervous. I don't want my fish to die... the nem was small I just don't know what to expect. I know when they die they expel their guts... but is it poisonous?? Or does it just bomb the tank with guts? I just like to know all possibilities of what to expect. Of course i'm keeping all crossables crossed in this situation. I don't want to lose my nem or any other inhabitants.

Thanks again,
Corinne

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back