My new Lightning Maroon Clown

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pics today of my new Lightning Maroon. Got him about 2 weeks ago...

LC with RBTA.jpg
LC with RBTA 5.jpg
LC with RBTA 9.jpg
LC with RBTA 4.jpg
LC with RBTA 14.jpg

OP
OP
Loosechange

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...he is really cool. Loves that RBTA. He is a little guy right now. It's going to be pretty cool to watch his lighting pattern develop as he matures.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So great!! You took some nice shots as well. its great to see the pattern. It will be really cool to see how the pattern develops as your beauty matures. If I didn't already have two pair of Picasso clowns, one pair in each of my two tanks, I would have been all over one of these unique beauties. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Loosechange

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I actually had to divide my frag system for him as I currently have a pair of Wyoming Whites in there. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to get him. I know I would have kicked myself if I passed him up. I am probably going to set up a cube just for him so he has his own place.

So great!! You took some nice shots as well. its great to see the pattern. It will be really cool to see how the pattern develops as your beauty matures. If I didn't already have two pair of Picasso clowns, one pair in each of my two tanks, I would have been all over one of these unique beauties. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Loosechange

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got him from my LFS. Paid $500 which is a little higher than what I have found on the net but they hand picked him from a bunch of them and held him at the store for me for 3 weeks. A bit pricey but I knew I wanted one from the very first time I saw the original one they caught from PNG.

Wow, can I ask how much you paid for this guy? And where did you get him from

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got him from my LFS. Paid $500 which is a little higher than what I have found on the net but they hand picked him from a bunch of them and held him at the store for me for 3 weeks. A bit pricey but I knew I wanted one from the very first time I saw the original one they caught from PNG.

not a bad price if you ask me! +1. on wanting one since the first was caught. I found out sea and reef had them breeding then had to wait until after they were shown off at macna before I got mine :)
I will say this is the meanest fish I have ever owned! not so much toward other fish (except the 2 mates she has killed) but if my hand goes in the tank I will get bit repeatedly.....

OP
OP
Loosechange

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Yea, he is definitely feisty. It's funny to watch. He bull rushes my hand everytime I do a water change and then retreats to his anemone. So funny. Tough little guy. Gonna be a brute when is full grown. Good luck with yours.

not a bad price if you ask me! +1. on wanting one since the first was caught. I found out sea and reef had them breeding then had to wait until after they were shown off at macna before I got mine :)
I will say this is the meanest fish I have ever owned! not so much toward other fish (except the 2 mates she has killed) but if my hand goes in the tank I will get bit repeatedly.....

OP
OP
Loosechange

Loosechange

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my LFS. He usually calls me when he gets something unique and collectible. was very happy he did.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back