Clowns spending time at top

jam5971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that clowns seem to spend the majority of their time at the top of the aquarium near the weir?
My current pair do this and so did my previous two. Any ideas?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's possible they could have brooklynella. If they're hanging near the surface, by a powerhead or weir...those are symptoms. If rapid breathing sets in you'll know it's Brook.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown that does that. In the corner and near the top a lot during the day but sleeps under the return flow near the top at night. No rapid breathing though.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown that does that. In the corner and near the top a lot during the day but sleeps under the return flow near the top at night. No rapid breathing though.

My flows do this and have now since I have owned them. they are both healthy and just picked that area to host in. I think they like the flow!

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flows do this and have now since I have owned them. they are both healthy and just picked that area to host in. I think they like the flow!
Same here. They have always stayed at the top near the return except when feeding time. Perfectly healthy fish. I guess this should give you hope that they are just healthy fish doing what they want. Still keep a close eye on them just in case.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back