Maroon Clown hosting trumpet coral

bigwhtcracker1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Maroon Clown host my Duncan,Fuzzy Green Mushrooms,and my Trumpet Corals.The clown won't go near my Rock Flower though is this normal?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock anemones do not host clowns, they have the potential to kill a clown. Not uncommon for LPS to host clowns but sometimes to the detriment of the coral.

OP
OP
B

bigwhtcracker1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know clowns hosted more than one coral at a time.I bought him because he was $8 and felt sorry for him

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Factually clowns only host parasites, anemones and corals host clowns, but anywho, some large polyp corals become stressed over time, do not open to their full potential and may eventually die off from the stress of a clown residing. What type of clown do you have?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She may very well become too large to reside in LPS without doing long term damage. You can try a BTA (bubble tip anemone) and see if she will reside there. Try to get a larger BTA if possible though.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. My female started using a colony of Magician Palys first, then some Sunny D's zoas and now my fairly large goniopora. The male is trying to use a small duncan colony for a host. So far no damage but I didn't forsee this coming.

Back