120 anemone tank help

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going to become a anemone haven. It has been running for a few months, only one fish in there and snails. Ph is stable, nitrates and phosphates are barely there if at all. I am running two Kessil 360we and a dual t5 over the tank.

It was originally going to be a sps tank and I went BB, now index to add sand. How deep?

I really want to do carpets in here. How many could I do? A pair, three?

Can I mix Jens? Say a carpet and a LTA? Maybe a bubble on the rocks?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rayn, sounds like a great tank. You should wait a little bit longer for the tank hits its sweet spot at about 6 months.

Lighting sounds good. No problem there.

You could add quite a few carpets and other anemones without issue. Like LTA, BTA, etc. Just wait a little longer. It sucks I know, but it also sucks when the anemones are dying because the tank is not up to par.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species of "carpet"?

M. doreensis prefer lower flow, so getting the flow correct for it, and SPS can be difficult.

Personally, not a fan of E. quadricolors with SPS, two reasons; they are on the rocks, can't predict where the clones will go.

For sandbed depth, 2-3 inches (( can be locally deeper )) should be enough.

Years ago I had 2 S. haddonis in an SPS tank, took a while to get the flow just right, but when I did, it was great.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no sps now. Just a anemone tank. I like the haddoni, but a gig would be very cool if I could find one.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back