How much to feed giant 18in carpet ?

Tanglover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. It's a rescue that walked in to a power head. It has holes in it everywhere like Swiss cheese. I have had for about 2 yo 3 weeks now. Before it had its accident it was vivid neon pink and upon my recieving it was almost white with holes. So now it has settled nicely in to my sand bed to the bottom of my tank :/. So far I fed it one hole silver side 3days ago and since it has started to color back some.i know how often to feed it but how much to feed it. It's huge. It's legit wider then my 29gal. Foot diameter is about 5-6 inch across!should I give it 2 maybe 3 silver sides?

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, stop feeding silversides. Second, let it recover without the stress of trying to eat. If you want to feed it once a week, I'm sure that's fine, but let it just mellow out for a bit.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, if you don't want him to grow much, then don't feed him. They don't have to eat but feeding will get them growing. The more you feed, the faster they grow.

Second, I would not use Silver side. Siverside are small fish frozen with gut and easy to spoil. Also been aquarium food (pet pood) silver side do not get the care frozen human food required. Almost all the LFS will not throw away a thawned out Silver side package, they just put it back to the freezer and sell it to the next customer who buy it. A fish with brain, will spit bad food out, just like us spit out spoiled food. Anemone do not have a brain will swallow anything with certain chemical in it. Spoiled food often will kill or really sicken anemone.

Third, Silverside is really expensive. You can buy sushi grade fish cheaper than what you pay for the silverside.

Expensive, poor quality, may kill you anemone; I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

OP
OP
T

Tanglover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, stop feeding silversides. Second, let it recover without the stress of trying to eat. If you want to feed it once a week, I'm sure that's fine, but let it just mellow out for a bit.

I have only feed it one silver side in the 3 weeks or so I have had it. Everything I have read had said to feed it at least 1time a week after it settles in about a week

OP
OP
T

Tanglover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So then what kind of fish should I buy from grocery store. I tried jumbo krill and it lets it go. Won't eat it

jayjigga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my shark sushi grade squid that I cut into small pieces. Whenever I thaw food for him, I do the same for my smaller nems. I also cut up smelt, which is easy to find.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back