Heteractis Magnifica ShowOff!

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for awhile now these anemones have really caught my eye, and I'd LOVE to have one but just haven't pulled the trigger yet and got one. So I'd like to see yours and also hear your success or failure story with them!

PICTURES!

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my second Magnifica as the first one shriveled up and died over a period of a few months. The clown seemed like it was stealing its food as it was an extremely slow eater.. I really can't say why it takes them so long to eat the food they are given. My rose bta eats the food immediately so the clowns do not have a chance to take it away. Anyways, here is a pic of the second one I just got a few days ago:

photo39.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one!I had a small Pink/Red Based Mag!I only have cell pictures though!

Max-Nice anemone there!You buy it locally or online?

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Austin, a local reefer gave it to me. She's had it for the past two years. I hope I can continue her success!

Last edited:

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it doing good for you so far!And Im sure it will continue to do good as long as you got good flow.

Honestly,they arent hard to keep IMO,and Im not a pro at all,they just need 3 things.

Light-And Alot of it!
Rock-And a good flat rock!
Flow-And nothing but back and forth flow!

Its really striat forward!

Ericm1205

Clownfish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is true for all nem, Austin. i have had bta's, lta's, gig and hadoni capets all do very well for me. i even received a few bleached nems from people and i have turned them back color in a few months.

Maximus, that wouldn't be a Latz clown peeking out of that mag is it??

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i think that is true for all nem, Austin. i have had bta's, lta's, gig and hadoni capets all do very well for me. i even received a few bleached nems from people and i have turned them back color in a few months.

Maximus, that wouldn't be a Latz clown peeking out of that mag is it??

Yep, that's the latz. I took out the rbta and put it in my nano. The latz was in the ritteri within an hour!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want one of these too!

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah Maximus that's an awesome one!
I'm seriously considering ordering one and keeping it in my prop system (I've got a TON of room in there) but we'll see, I'm sceptical About ordering one online.

MORE PICTURES!!

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way I've had success with the mag nem is with 6500k- 10k 400w bulbs they seem to really like that spectrum and intensity much more than other nems I just set up a tank for a client and the whole center of the tank is dedicated to this nem with 6500k 400w bulbs and then 20k radiums on the ends! It was originally under a250w radium and popped in the 6500k and it nearly opened to double the size by the next day !

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best way I've had success with the mag nem is with 6500k- 10k 400w bulbs they seem to really like that spectrum and intensity much more than other nems I just set up a tank for a client and the whole center of the tank is dedicated to this nem with 6500k 400w bulbs and then 20k radiums on the ends! It was originally under a250w radium and popped in the 6500k and it nearly opened to double the size by the next day !

Thats crazy that they would favor that much light. Got any pictures of the set up??

Anyone else got pictures?? I'm not really concerned with them being "quality"

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to donate mine to a local public aquarium years ago because it got to big for my system. I got it when it was basketball size and in ten years it grew to the size of an end table. It was huge and beautiful. I had it in my 210 gallon display and out of everything I've ever had I really miss him the most. I will have to try and find some old pictures. Hopefully I have some luck finding pics if so I will put them up. I had him under 400 watt 20k, moderate flow and in a very established system. He was always a good indicator when I had to do a water change. He got really unhappy when I would slack on my maintenance. Awesome thread

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to donate mine to a local public aquarium years ago because it got to big for my system. I got it when it was basketball size and in ten years it grew to the size of an end table. It was huge and beautiful. I had it in my 210 gallon display and out of everything I've ever had I really miss him the most. I will have to try and find some old pictures. Hopefully I have some luck finding pics if so I will put them up. I had him under 400 watt 20k, moderate flow and in a very established system. He was always a good indicator when I had to do a water change. He got really unhappy when I would slack on my maintenance. Awesome thread

oh man, i'd love to see some pictures of this, hope you can find them!

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So whats the going price for one of these beauties? Also i would assume they dont ship that well?

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered one off of LA for 99 plus shipping. We'll see how it'll handle under LEDs for the time being until I get my 225 set up. It arrives Friday. I'll post some pics when it gets here. Hoping for the best in shipping. It's awfully cold here this week.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might not get a purple based one or a red based one,but either way,they are still an awesome anemone!
Link to DFS Ritteri anemone!
Ritteri Anemone

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I asked him to try to get me a blue, purple, or red based one if possible. Either way I'll still be super stoked to get one and try my hands at it. Maybe my occ will give up the hairy mushrooms for an upgrade.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back