New England Frag Farmers Market - March 7, 2015 Storrs CT

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is the announcement for this years Frag Faremer's Market. This has grown to be the biggest coral show in the NE and has started to draw people from all over to come to buy/sell for the day. If you are looking for frags, you will not find a better selection and the prices are always great. I have quite a list of sellers already signed up and some room for new people as well. Pretty much all the major players will be there again this year, and a few pretty exciting new ones! As usual, I would love to add more hobbyists to the list, but let me know soon so I can save a space for you to sell.
I also wanted to mention the admission fee. Based on the # of people who came out last year (800+), I was asked to pay to use the school's space for this year's FFM. I very reluctantly decided that I had to raise the admission fee. I chose $5, and am planning to increase the number of FFM gift certificates that I give away as door prizes and in the raffle. I am also going to use some of the $ collected at the door to start a scholarship for college bound seniors planning to study biology. I am not sure what the scholarship looks like yet, but I promise that the $ will go to a good cause!
As in previous years, please let me know if you have questions or need any information on this year's FFM!
Thanks-
Jon

Last edited:

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone who has never been this is a insane event. It's worth the drive from most of new England and the tri state. Speaking to a few vendors at cmac said this is better than any other event they do. It's nuts. Fitch does a great job

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendors love the event because it is low stress and a low buy in for them (less than 1/4 of what they usually pay to set-up). The cool part is that they pass those savings along to you. With 50 vendors set up selling corals, there is something for everyone at great prices!

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interest in selling has been CRAZY this year already. I still have some spots left but it should be filled up soon so I can "release" the names of this year's "vendors".

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interest in selling has been CRAZY this year already. I still have some spots left but it should be filled up soon so I can "release" the names of this year's "vendors".

Can you pm me info for a table please?

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend this. Well worth the trip. My tank wasn't quite ready for corals, but I decided to head down anyway. I had a real hard time not picking anything up, there were so many amazing corals and equipment for some really good prices. Tons of amazing prizes and giveaways too. I was completely blown away.

Fitch does some really cool stuff with his students. He has an amazing setup for the students to conduct some serious research. He had a few students come to our club meeting and give presentations on their work. College research level stuff. What he is doing is incredible, I wish I had teachers like him. Come on out and support his efforts and grab some amazing livestock while you are at it.

Getting antsy waiting for March. Looking forward to it.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well worth the drive definitely do it.

OP
OP
F

fitch4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just topped the 50 vendor mark the other day. Shaping up to be a HUGE FFM this year!

polywise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kschweer, could you foward the PM info that you received for this to me?

Thanks in advance
Jim C.

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to bump this thread. A can't miss event for any reefer in New England/tri state area. Have been the last few years and it has gotten better each year. Can't wait.

polywise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year when I went. I bought a bunch of coral, and talked with people who were selling what they had been growing in their tanks. I said to myself wow these venders all look like they are having fun.. and that the next year that I would give it a try.

This year I am in the process of working on the set up and looking forward to being there -- hope people who attend will like what I have for sale.
Jim C.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly we started a what are you bringing to ffm thread on our area. So check us out every now and then so you can add your list and maybe a photo or 2

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back