Hey R2R let's help a fellow hobbyist! (Bracelets for Rylee Simmons)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey gang every year R2R likes to get involved with helping our community or fellow hobbyist in distress besides the Christmas Toy Drive.

It was brought to my attention that Jon and Melissa Simmons (Boston Aqua Farms) have a little angel with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and is undergoing treatment.

The treatment plan is 2 years long and the bills are very high, The family have to travel an hour or more to Boston twice a week for checkups and to receive treatments.

To help pay the growing list of bills, mom (Melissa Simmons) is making bracelets to sell to anyone that is willing to buy them. These are simple beaded bracelets but they are made with love and care and hope for Rylee's future.

I think we should get behind this family and show them the support of our reefing community!

Click here to donate or to buy a bracelet. Bracelets For Rylee

rylee1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Donation from R2R has been sent!!

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U got it rev! Ill be getting in touch with all the local reefers over here and will be sending $ shortly!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Spread the word all over facebook and reef sites alike!

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev.. i got a 2 year old that reminds me of Rylee.. Call me when u get this.. Im gonna do something special!
Pmming u my number!

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok our donations have been sent, cmon R2R! we all can do our part just a little to help this cutie out... im sure we could skip a frag or two this week! ya rev i wanna help out and do something special too ill send you a pm...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!!! Will call you Mike, slept in today! :D

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could do more but offer her to be in my prayers it always kills me to see an innocent little one get cancer it's such a shame that a child the purest form of life to need to suffer From anything at all hope all goes well

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure Rev is handling the donation side! My prayers go out for little Riley! May she have a quick and speedy recovery!!

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donation sent. BAF is one of my biggest competitors. If I feel compelled to help this little girl out I think most of us can dig deep and come up with a little something. I have two special needs kids and a wife with multiple health issues at home myself. So I know all about struggling with medical bills. Trust me, one of the hardest things to have to do is ask for help. Reefers are like family and we need to take care of our own. Every one of us could find ourselves in the same situation.

Scott
The Alternative Reef

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope everything goes well post site on my facebook and will be makeing a donation next week so said

BostonAquaFarms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks to everyone this is just amazing! The response from everyone has been so wonderful I can't say enough to make my thanks meaningful.

I have been meaning to setup an account here for months and months, I just wish I done it sooner so this wouldn't be my first post.

Thanks so much
Jon

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a father of two girls, this hits home. I know the R2R family here will do all we can to help little Rylee. My family's prayers and wishes are with you and your family Jon.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to donate but would not have any use for the bracelet, is there any way i can just put money down?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back