TOP TEN Aquariums of all time! Nominate NOW!

Joost's reef

TEEN REEFER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mar_fts.jpg

Mariusz’ NPS Sun Coral Reef shows 20Ks are NOT a must

Last edited:

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow i haven't seen Chingchai's 1000gal in a while. That Tank is absolutely amazing!! I remember watching it being made. I second that nominee.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I liked chingchai's tank a little earlier than what it is now. He used to have a lot less stuff on the sandbed, and now it seems to be getting a little cluttered to me.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I liked chingchai's tank a little earlier than what it is now. He used to have a lot less stuff on the sandbed, and now it seems to be getting a little cluttered to me.

LOL i never thought i would hear the word cluttered with a 1000 gallon. I still think it looks pretty sick!

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL i never thought i would hear the word cluttered with a 1000 gallon. I still think it looks pretty sick!

I know but what can I say? I'm weird ;) I can't blame the guy though... I mean who is going to say no to bombastic corals? I'm sure he sees them everyday and even then he still has too many choices to say no to!

Joost's reef

TEEN REEFER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, I haven't seen a chili coral in years. It's nice to see people pull this kind of tank off nowadays.. seems we as reefers are getting better at it.
Chili corals are the "easy" (compared to other azoox, still harder than your average sps) part of azoox now a days. We still need to crack Dendronephthya, Scleronephthya and blueberry gorgs though.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great looking tanks but we need more!!!!!!!!!! We need at least 10 in each category!

If you post the winning aquarium for either 3 levels you get a free premium membership and some mouse pads! HAHA!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jawsee's (Luc Loyen) 709 gallon SPS reef. My favorite.

fts_md.jpg

tclipse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stan(Energy) Genadek's 1700 reef(15'-5"x5'x33")... Most awesome tank I've ever seen in person!

Tank of the Month - January 2008 - Reefkeeping.com

If I remember right this is a pic from the right side of the tank, from this angle you are looking thru 15 ft. of saltwater and corals....FTS, just from the side.;)
IMG_2334.jpg

If you want to see a fts from the front you'll have to click on the link since I can't find any on tcmas.

Also, just wanted to mention that a majority of his "live rock" is actually great stuff(type) foam sprayed over a pvc stucture(IIRC) and then coated with some type of resin I believe. You should definantely click on the link above, its really cool to see how he designed and built everything.

Too bad he switched it over to a freshwater biotope with Stingray....
1700 gallons - Then and Now - TCMAS

I wouldn't say "too bad," it's still absolutely incredible and zoo exhibit quality... but I am pretty biased :D

1-21-20105.jpg

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, his new setup is still really cool... but when it was a reef it was literally the sweetest reef tank in the state.:)

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think you can grow one of these show tanks on LEDs? I am concidering going to AI supper blue leds. I don't think I have seen anyone's tank with the growth and color of these tanks. Thoughts anyone?

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have always been a pico fan!!! and i love those NPS tanks!

Marcello's nano reef
nano-reef-aquarium-spotlight-mangrove-marcello.png

pico-reef-aquarium-marcello.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back