My "not at MACNA sale" score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it would be fun to share what I have coming from ASD. This is my first order with them and normally wouldn't get so much on a first order, but ASD has such a great rep and the deals were too good to past up. So these are photos from the sale thread. I will update with pics once they are in hand.
There are a lot to upload and post so bare with me. Total of 29 to post...I got a little crazy for sure

OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ASDPinkPantherAcro-RetailPrice-75SALEPRICE-35_zps7f73c774.jpg
ASDKryptoniumAcro-RetailPrice-75SALEPRICE-35_zpsa4896c33.jpg
c1339-ASDPurpleSeductions-RetailPrice-30SALEPRICE-20_zps689aeb3f.jpg
c1366-BlueJaysZoas-RetailPrice-30SALEPRICE-15_zps48e3cad0.jpg
c1337-ASDBeastModeZoas-RetailPrice-30SALEPRICE-20_zps2f83285a.jpg

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I thought my ASD purchase was big but you have me beat. Mine are coming Wednesday!
You won't be disappointed; this is my second purchase from Will and the gang.

OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait a second...I double posted that pic so what one is missing?
Also I have to say 29 doesn't feel right. I keep going back to the site looking for just one more. 30 is a better number. I spend a few minutes looking and drooling. Decide to leave it as is and close the site page. Only to be looking a couple hours later.
I need help

OP
OP
Rob Top1

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So those who have gotten from Will. Did you QT it?
I have a modified biocube I use for QT. Its set up so all I need to do is open a valve to fill it with water from my main system. I can then do water changes by reopening that valve and it overflows down the drain. I can slide an AI Sol over it or use an ever grow light. I even have a 24" four bulb T-5 I could use. Point is super easy to do. I just don't like not putting coral any were but the coral tank. Based on ASD's feedback I am confident these will be pest free, but QT is always seen as a good idea up to a must do. So what would you/have you guys done?

Last edited:

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Will and the guys over at AquaSD. By far my favorite place in town to pick up corals. We in San Diego are lucky to have him. I have never Qt'ed anything from AquaSD but I do dip them.

Milmikee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been happy with aquasd too. Great stuff and lots of freebies. Really like that mycedium, I have one of those too.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
based on ASD's feedback I am confident these will be pest free, but QT is always seen as a good idea up to a must do. So what would you/have you guys done?

Not bashing ASD ,

Hey rob,
On a personal note. Any coral you get you make sure you dip . If your normal is to QT THEM. Then by all means don't let other people's opinions hit the floor yes it is good to ask as learn from other people and get ideas . Just always do what is best for your reef at the end of the day. Every vendor here is a great vendor . No matter what you will want to dip and do your normal routine with aquireing a new coral/corals. Is ASD pest free idk and I doubt it . Same goes for every vendor here.

They get shipments every week some of them get 2/3 shipment a week. So all those hundreds of corals coming from the ocean chopped up sat on for a few week regrown. Not everyone regrows the corral before shipping some people chop and boot out to buyers. Point is be safe and do a normal coral Rx dip for 7min+ nothing over 10minutes . To ensure anything they might have weathe it might be flatworms nudis or red bugs + more make sure your always safe an dip dip dip shake shake shake dip dip dip and place. Yes coral migt be stressed but it's reassuring for you and your reef an you can go to sleep happy .

Hope all is we'll I just woke up from a weird dream lol . So back to sleep for me! Night bro. Hope all is well.

Again please don't anyone take what I said te wrong way. Just helping a fellow reefer with a question trying to give him some insight .

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back