Sequoia Middle School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaFX

AquaFX
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are working on the plumbing now and hope to have water in it within two weeks. We have set up the AquaFX Barracuda on a counter until I decide its permanent location and the aquarium's auto topoff plans. Turns out the classroom sinks have higher TDS than those in the storeroom where I had planned to run the unit. No problem! TDS around 350 taken down to 0 with 1.5x wastewater which we use on rugged outdoor plants. I will learn more about adjustments and all things RODI, but the unit is great and I really appreciate your donation of this integral part of our aquarium!
I will send an update once the tank is up and running. For now, students have learned a bit about the different stages of filtration. Groups of students helped with initial setup, measured and made logs of input and output TDS, measured the flow rate of exiting water for the tank (blue line) and plants (yellow line) and figured ratios of pure water to wastewater as we adjusted the wastewater line with a flow restrictor. The Barracuda has already provided these great real-world learning opportunities!

Sequoia Middle School

Sequoia Reef Aquarium - Home

OP
OP
AquaFX

AquaFX

AquaFX
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aRODI-1.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back