OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this AXIS I can spy China............not a good thing.
I stick with the Dropcam PRO as they supposedly can work with ESL from Ecotech.
That I heard from my Ecotech inside person.

jhoffa92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do high security for a living and I have installed a lot of I.p cams I love axis pelco is ok but with axis you get so much more bang for the money trust me

BostonFishHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I was looking for the same thing.

I've been traveling & wanted to keep an eye a new fish who might be a bad actor.

My decision criteria were higher resolution (greater than 640x480), Pan, Tilt & Zoom. & under $300.

I picked up the D-Link’s Pan/Tilt HD Day & Night Network Camera (DCS-5222L) for $199

Pro:
• pan, tilt & zoom
• Night vision. Is way cooler than expected.
• Web & iPhone app. I think android as well.
• 4 different video presets. (High res,med, low & mobile )
• Good color controls that allow tank light compensation
• Separate accounts for guests

Con:
• I need to spend more time tweaking the video setting. The default high res setting produce a slightly blurry output with fast moving fish.

NewEgg has it $20 cheaper
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881103044

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I was looking for the same thing.

I've been traveling & wanted to keep an eye a new fish who might be a bad actor.

My decision criteria were higher resolution (greater than 640x480), Pan, Tilt & Zoom. & under $300.

I picked up the D-Link’s Pan/Tilt HD Day & Night Network Camera (DCS-5222L) for $199

Pro:
• pan, tilt & zoom
• Night vision. Is way cooler than expected.
• Web & iPhone app. I think android as well.
• 4 different video presets. (High res,med, low & mobile )
• Good color controls that allow tank light compensation
• Separate accounts for guests

Con:
• I need to spend more time tweaking the video setting. The default high res setting produce a slightly blurry output with fast moving fish.

NewEgg has it $20 cheaper
D-Link Cloud Camera 5000 (DCS-5222L), Pan/Tilt, HD 720p, Night Vision, Wireless/Ethernet, Digital Zoom, mydlink enabled - Newegg.com

how did the d-link DCS-5222L work out? I was looking at the same camera. I actually have a bad acting fish somewhere. eating corals, and picking on other fish. but I can't identify which one. my royal gramma has no tail left and I've lost like 6 corals. so my thoughts were to hook up this camera and record 24/7 and have it set up someway that it can keep a reasonable amount of storage space either in a flash card or a usb hard drive, and then just loop when it gets full. that way if I see something all beat up, either a fish or a coral, I can go back in the recording and see who did it. can the DCS-5222L do all this? how much space does take to record say... 24 hours? will the camera pick up a good image when the tank is under the blue lights? How well does the infared work in total darkness?

your experience will save me a lot of grief and work. please help with these questions.. I've been reading up on this camera but can't find any specific answers to these questions. especially about the blue light and total darkness, since we are viewing something behind 1/2 of glass.

nept2n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a D-Link DCS-5029L a week ago. This is a cloud base wireless or hardware wire camera. It has pan tilt feature auto focus and its day night. I haven't quite figured out how to get it to work with Apex but it has a mobile app that you can download. I was away for a week and I was able to view my tank anytime I wanted to and it worked just fine on cellular connection.

mmnich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a D-Link DCS-5029L a week ago. This is a cloud base wireless or hardware wire camera. It has pan tilt feature auto focus and its day night. I haven't quite figured out how to get it to work with Apex but it has a mobile app that you can download. I was away for a week and I was able to view my tank anytime I wanted to and it worked just fine on cellular connection.
Here's what I did with the 5009l. Probably the same with yours.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?11531-Dlink-DSC-5009L-Setup

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back