OP
OP
mudbucket72

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice . I do like the fact I can control my MP40 ' with the apex I noticed that the rke doesn't have much support for other equipment

OP
OP
mudbucket72

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have 2 MP40. tunze ato. skimmer . Reactors. Return. Lights. And whatever I may add in the future. And possibly even controlling my freshwater chiclid tank as well

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep...i've got kessils, 2 mp40s, tunze ato, return pump, skimmer, heaters, thermometer, ph probe, and cabinet lights all hooked up.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish street just released a module that allows you to control your jebao's through apex

OP
OP
mudbucket72

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already have the Ecotech Vortechs but that could be a option for my freshwater

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They both work well i used rke for 2 years never really had a problem with it and easy to program. .I own an apex now love the fusion so much easier and I can keep an eye on my tank from my phone tablet or computer. .curious to see the new controller from DA they have a lot of new features coming out from what I heard..

specvjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've owned a Full Apex, Reef Keeper Elite and a Reef Keeper Lite.

I never had any major issues with my Reef Keeper but I have heard many stories. One thing, the Reef Keeper Elite did not like to put Koralia pumps into wave making mode. The entire system would shut off randomly then come back on.

I did switch to an Apex after a year or more with the Reef Keeper. I was fortunate to win one at MACNA in 2013. I had already been considering the switch but this made it an easy decision. The reason I wanted to switch was fairly simple. Neptune has been far more innovative. Neptune is constantly coming out with new products, firmware etc. At that time, Digital Aquatics hadn't released anything new in quite some time.

The only downside of the Apex was the initial programming. I received mine before Fusion so there was a bit of a learning curve. Connecting the controller to the internet was far easier (again pre Fusion) than it was with the Reef Keeper. The Reef Keeper is fairly simple to program since there's no real coding necessary. Fusion however is supposed to change all that at some point.

After owning and using both for more than a year, I'd go with the Apex.

Last edited:

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got RKE. Started with RKL and have upgraded and have three PK1, net module, SL1 module, and light module. I like how easy for a non computer savvy person it is to use. However, I've now got more money into it than if I'd started with Apex from beginning. I still recommend it though, and am very happy with mine.

madhatter777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
talked with someone from digital aquatics about the archon release and price as i wanted to upgrade my reef keeper lite. i wanted to go with the elite but wanted to know what the archon was gonna cost before i bought the elite. the lady told me that the archon was gonna be released this weekend at some show in california.

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RKE has been in a box for years. I much prefer the APEX.
I'm not sure about the new RKE but the one I got back in 2008-9 had clunky cords that I didn't like. Seems I remember the temp probe cord being too short for me.
For the most part both do the job about the same. Where it may differ is if you're going to use something like the Vortech module.

OP
OP
mudbucket72

mudbucket72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice I am more then likely to go with apex but all depends on what da is doing with the new controller launch I'm not real good with coding

specvjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
talked with someone from digital aquatics about the archon release and price as i wanted to upgrade my reef keeper lite. i wanted to go with the elite but wanted to know what the archon was gonna cost before i bought the elite. the lady told me that the archon was gonna be released this weekend at some show in california.

That some show in California was Reefapalooza. They did have the Archon product their but I was not able to speak with them about it. They also had the Archon products at MACNA but they may not have had the full product line there.

bwalders65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion you can not beat the UI of the APEX. Overall i think the functionality is better on the APEX. just IMO though.

Damion

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was an RKE user for 5 years... I have about $2,000 worth of RKE setup and it is NOTHING compared to the $1800 of Apex equipment I now have.
When it comes down to it, Neptune will answer the phone when you call an just try to get DA to answer the phone or email.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back