Apex jr setup help

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help guys. I bought a slightly used apex Jr today. It did not have a display. I was told I didn't need one that it could be configured online. Here the rub the only directions I can find refer to using the display. Can someone help me with setting this up.
Thanks
Ken m

ccscorpion200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have an iPhone or iPad, download the apex app. You can search thru that way and find your apex. If they didn't change password then it should be default as login is admin. Password is 1234. Hope that help.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does some. So when I connect it to my router a screen is going to come up on the computer?

ccscorpion200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easier to download app. It will look for it and you can see the ip address of the apex. Once you find out what it is, you can use the computer to program it.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the apex flash utility to find the iPhone but I still can't get my browser or the app to open it.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not gotten into it yet.
I type the i.p. into my browser but nothing happens.

ccscorpion200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly question, but are you hooking your apex straight to a router? How do you know if that's the right IP address to your Apex?

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am using a mac and I used that apex flash utility to get the i.p. address.

ccscorpion200

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you type in the IP address, does it come up in a box and ask for user name and password? Hook your apex straight to a router. Your address should look something like this 192.168.1.xx.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to a friend, I got connected to the apex browser page. He loaned me a display module. I still haven't been able to get the firmware upgraded to be able use fusion. I have to disable wireless on my mac and I am afraid will mess up my home net work. Any thoughts or suggested?
Ken

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a option to go wireless or wired on the pc. Just hook up the Ethernet cable and disconnect. Your home network is ran off the router, not your Mac.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I should be able to just press the wireless button in the mac network config panel and it will not affect all the other devices on my network. I have a bunch 3 satellite boxes, 4 game consoles and at least 3 laptops.
Thanks
Ken

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you should. I don't have Mac, but when I updated to fusion I connected all the ethernet cables up and then just disconnected from wireless on the pc. Once done, I just reconnected to wireless and disconnect Ethernet cable. All my other wireless...phones, wii, PS3, tablets...kept working like normal.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I will give it a try tommorrow when I get home from work.

OP
OP
K

ken77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it work and upgraded to fusion. Thanks for all the advice

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%

Back