• Total voters

WetWorks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello family I'm mike, an acroholic...

Having admitted this painfully obvious moral deficiency i find myself constantly thinking...no... OBSESSING about flow! I bought into the VorTech Revolution early on when Tunze had all but cornered the market on Power House Flow with those brick style eye soars we all packed into our tanks. Recently Gyre technology has exploded on the scene and so the battle has ensued. Gyre vs. VorTech, oh how tempers flare throughout all the threads slowly dividing R2R members. Having been taken by the all consuming black hole that is reef gadgetry, of course i purchased an Apex Gold and struggled horribly setting it up, Finally Success!!! oh how the struggle was worth it, i had once again fallen in love with this disease of reefing. I have recently been romanced by the idea of this "WAV" power head thats to be released this spring. it solves the painfully obvious flaws (such as corners and anything other than straight lines basically!) by way of employing a Platform capable of a 20 degree adjustment in any direction!!! HOW INGENIOUS!!!! Better still is the fact that it is an Apex product which means complete control and real time, lab quality diagnostic reading on flow rate and total circulation overall!!! WELL GOSH DARNIT!!!! i'm an addict who needs a fix bad, so hurry up and release this already!!! if anyone one here wants to know more about this truly amazing device check it out on there site, maybe the more we talk about it the sooner they will release it? who knows and if you do know please feel free to leave your knowledge in this thread.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to pick now because the WAV is not out yet and so we do not really know how well it works but after reading more on it....I do not see anything really special or something that really sets it apart from other highend powerheads.. It still uses the same old same design, you have to have an apex to use it and its a 3,000gph pump making it useless for smaller tanks, so right away its kind of at the bottom of the list in my book. On the plus side the price of under $300 is nice and it looks to have amazing control options.

Last edited:

red reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will somebody come out with a power head for 1.25 acrylic. I'm sure I am not the only one in this hobby with this problem.

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to pick now because the WAV is not out yet and so we do not really know how well it works but after reading more on it....I do not see anything really special or something that really sets it apart from other highend powerheads.. It still uses the same old same design, you have to have an apex to use it and its a 3,000gph pump making it useless for smaller tanks, so right away its kind of at the bottom of the list in my book. On the plus side the price of under $300 is nice and it looks to have amazing control options.

Umm, actually there is a lot that sets the WAV apart from other power heads.

The biggest being that the WAV will give you real time feedback of the speed of the pump, not just the setting of how fast it is "supposed" to be running. Power heads slow down as they get dirty. The WAV will actually be able to tell you how fast it is running in real time, which makes it easy to know when to clean it. This is an industry first and the reason I am going to be purchasing.

mmnich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am honestly sitting here wondering how difficult this is to launch. I mean its a stationary pump.
If it were just a pump I would agree. However, since there's integration with APEX and programmability it's more than just a pump and may even be quite complex.

It's a fine line you walk when you announce a new product before it's available. Throw it out there too soon and you have problems in the field. Much more difficult to address once it's out. Plus you get the bad press and customer sat issues you have to overcome. Wait too long and you lose the excitement you've generated. People get tired of waiting. They go buy something else.

Beta programs kind of mitigate the issues. You get some field experience with a limited and supportive set of users. You get some exposure to various configurations that you may not have available in your testing facility. Issues that occur are easier to address. And when you do go to general availability, you have greater confidence you've addressed the major issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back