!!!!LED Primed MEGAPACK!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Perhaps a testament to the effectiveness of modern LED's or maybe just a perfect excuse not to say no to this one. Every frag in this pack is cut from a mother colony of mine that has been thriving under Leds for about 1/2 a year. They are all fully acclimated and growing extremely well under them at this point.

If you are an acro collector running LED's and want to add some serious color to your tank this is the pack for you! Not to say that these sticks would do any worse under halides but the idea for this one is to reinforce the notion that these acros look like this and will continue to look like this under your led's:) Expect no hard transition and Ill even give you my radion schedule if you want it too:nerd:

All are long captive 100% aquacultured frags. They are extremely hardy as well and pretty fast growers:)

here's what's in it. PRICE REDUCED!

1. Schizopolis sunset milli
  2. Indigo tip stag
  3. Original myiagi tort
  4. Clints red stag
  5. Poletti Yellow tip
  6. BC soli
  7. BC Bonsai
  8. Thanksgiving milli
  9. Teirra De Fuego
  10. An iris
  11. BC rainbow Nasuta
  12. Twilight dragon
e8bdfbd2-9505-4418-b6b6-15fb55a5c59b_zps19a253a8.jpg

602b53e7-6449-422a-a10e-38bea7400523_zpsb01d13a3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
beautiful pack adam! Can't wait for mine lol!
thanks a lot. wont be long my friend:)

Which radions are you running and how close are they to the colony's?

I am running three gen 2's over one tank and three gen 2 pros over another they are 18" off the surface. tanks are 12" deep

quick phone pic

B3C54460-32F4-4FCD-B967-C510E385BC17_zpsyin2ufjn.jpg

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the radion schedule, it really is awesome. Corals are looking great now!

Beautiful pack, going to check the pocket book tonight

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I think it is really cool he's willing to share it, I can't tell you how many people totally ignore someone when asked what the program looks like. People like you are what make reef keeping fun and ever evolving in a positive way. The more information we see and can study from the better!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! What a pack, and what awesome colors!! Who says acros won't grow under LEDs?!?

Do we have to buy the pack to get your Radion schedule? ;)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks a lot guys really appreciate the kind words. This one just kind of made sense now that so many people are running leds.

When it comes to technique and methods I'm pretty much an open book. no secrets here.

If anyone wants my schedule here is a dropbox link to the file. This is my DT schedule. The prop tanks run a little whiter and just a tad hotter during peak. I never use drop box but I think this will work. if not just shoot me an email and ill send it to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/endneh8ohre8h2v/battlelights.etg

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a good question, which one do you like more and seen better growth and color?

I've never really seen an actual vendor have two separate tanks running with two different models, is the UV all it's cracked up to be?

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loaded it and it says your brightness is at 100 ? What do you run it at ? I have 4 new gen2 about 12' above my 6' long tank 180g... any recommendation would be excellent. ! Awesome pack too, i'm putting a request list together for you :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Radions work man. I swear. Now Gary I am as stubborn as the rest of us when it comes to lighting but where would the hobby be if we all stuck with what we knew nestled only in our comfort zones. I don't really get caught up in fads and it's actually a fluke if a story as to how I even ended up with a radion in the first place but ultimately I took the lazy(or too busy) mans way out. I just didn't have the time to experiment with a custom design. I got my hands on a Gen two I reluctantly threw it over my little display. It workd well so I got more.

Dank. In run them at 100. I can't see any advantage to running radion at less.

If you think you've got to much light. Try the wide lenses or just raise them. I confess I never understood the logic of running an led at half power or less a few inches off the water surface sacrificing lots of spread and par. These lights aren't cheap. You may as get the most out of them:).

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'll have to give them a try over SPS. I haven't tried Radions but have tried others and they just didn't do well for me over SPS. Did your SPS transition well or did they look rough at first and then recover after putting them in Radions.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Gary,

If you do. I'd go with the pros. To answer danks question. I noticed better growth and color under the pros for sure. The uv and additional par seems to have some merit in my experience.

As far as transition there wasn't anything negative that I could see. My biggest fear was that my mothers would have a rough time with it but any differences or hiccups have been insignificant Some of the mothers actually look like they are doing better under the pros! My photoperiod is significantly longer with the ramp up and down times and I think that may have something to do with it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back