!!!!!BLOODBATH BLOODPack!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I went and did what I have been telling droves of you that i absolutely will not for weeks now! Yep i fraged the bloodbath. There was no plan no order I swear. It just kind of happened. I was just doing my thing, putting a little pack together of some pretty stuff then it just got to the point where i almost had too. Looking at what i had in front of me i really didn't have a choice.

The pack needed it! Now i still can’t guarantee what this thing will do once its in your tank but rest assured you will be the only one who’s got it! The rest of the pack is loaded with all the other sticks i get begged for but say no to. So this pack comes with an apology to all of you as well.

At 1000.00 thats still only 100.00 a frag shipped free. Still probably half a grand less then I should be asking and when you think about the direction a lot of the marketing is going for irresistible yet highly unstable wild sps frags, this is the steal of the year! These acros are all extremely sought after and every one of these frags was cut from a long captive mother some second and third generation even. let me just say that again. These are all 110% fully aqucultured! Many years out of the ocean and as stable as it gets. (save bloodbath on stability. see thread) lol

Forget the 300.00+ wild cuts! no matter how pretty they may seem! FORGET WILD CUTS PERIOD! Oh and to the dude on FB that will sell you this pack for 250.00 please call me. I'll buy it man! right now no joke.

anyway

I'll leave you with this. I had a guy offer me 500.00 on the spot for a frag of the unicorn when i posted it a couple months ago! I turned him down. Just think about that one for a bit while you contemplate this pack.
  1. PC Superman table
  2. Oregon Tort
  3. Rockys Ice Age Granulosa
  4. Adams BBgum
  5. Reefers Cove Poison Envy
  6. True Saphire Milli
  7. Sexys Orange Passion
  8. Bloodbath Unicorn
  9. Hyperberry
  10. Therman's Rainnbow

sold

IMG_1079-Edit_zps89170625.jpg

IMG_1077_zps5696f4fa.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why doesn't anyone sell encrusted SPS frags anymore? For a thousand bucks you'd at least want the corals to have a couple mm of encrusting growth. Right?

don't want to see glue? I am always happy hold them as long as people like. I do not ship fresh cuts i promise you my friend.

birdmandan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most tempted I've been in awhile... Some amazing frags in there. I'll take the broken piece from the OPassion. :tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Seriously...guess my money just wasnt green enough

truly sorry Rob. honestly there was no intent or plan to diss anyone:angel: these packs just kind of happen. I must have told 20 people i'd never frag that thing. will make it up to you!

I had to know i was going to take some slack for this one.:boom:

Last edited:

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Adam, what a pack! Some beauties in there for sure. Definitely some frags in there id love to get my hands on. Adam even told me in person he didn't plan on fragging that bloodbath :) Grats tony!

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've noticed this too. I think the issue is that people buy frags when they are exploding with color, and if you cut a frag from a fully mature colored up colony, that is what you get. But if you take that same gorgeous frag, and glue it to a plug, and wait a month for it to encrust, it will lose color. Usually the color does not come back until it is fully encrusted and starts shooting up vertical growth (of course some corals are exceptions to this rule, but for many this is the case).

I shipped hundreds of frags that were clip and ship many years ago, unmounted, straight from the clipper to the bag (before fragging sps was an industry), and never heard any stories back about RTN or frags that died. Acropora are hardy when cut. A big healthy corals slimes up and is well defended against infection, after all this is how many new colonies are started in the wild. The way Adam and most vendors do it now, posting photos of relatively fresh cut frags and giving them a week or so to heal, is the happy medium that has become the norm, I think mainly due to customer demand.

Why doesn't anyone sell encrusted SPS frags anymore? For a thousand bucks you'd at least want the corals to have a couple mm of encrusting growth. Right?

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best pack so far! Didn't know you have Ice Age Granulosa. Should have bought it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've noticed this too. I think the issue is that people buy frags when they are exploding with color, and if you cut a frag from a fully mature colored up colony, that is what you get. But if you take that same gorgeous frag, and glue it to a plug, and wait a month for it to encrust, it will lose color. Usually the color does not come back until it is fully encrusted and starts shooting up vertical growth (of course some corals are exceptions to this rule, but for many this is the case).

I shipped hundreds of frags that were clip and ship many years ago, unmounted, straight from the clipper to the bag (before fragging sps was an industry), and never heard any stories back about RTN or frags that died. Acropora are hardy when cut. A big healthy corals slimes up and is well defended against infection, after all this is how many new colonies are started in the wild. The way Adam and most vendors do it now, posting photos of relatively fresh cut frags and giving them a week or so to heal, is the happy medium that has become the norm, I think mainly due to customer demand.

Hey tim,

Thanks for chiming in on this one. Indeed. Shooting frags early on is the best representation of their fullest potential. It may take a little time come around full circle from clipped frag to pretty colony but that's the nature of frags. And I agree with you that a good healthy acro from from a stable colony is almost bulletproof respectively. They are extremely resilient and given the proper environment will thrive with in days of acclimation. Compare that to wild cuts and survivability rates plummet dramatically. I think this is where the stigma of fresh cuts shipping so poorly stems from. And well deserved because they don't do well most of the time. There is a massive distinction between captive and wild sps in this regard.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful pieces! Great pack from a great vendor

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time I've ever been tempted to drop that kinda cash on a pack of sticks. Best SPS dealer in the business right here

Back