!!!!Chestnut Dusting The MIYAGI TORT!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a part of me that knows there is still more to this one. Perhaps that is why I have waited so long to shoot it. I believe that there is not only deeper but more color wanting to come through that i have not managed to pull, but alas..... like the bird that is ready to be pushed from the nest, the size of the this thing has finally demanded that it goes up on the site.

Truth is I have actually been fragging this thing for years now. Seems like its been around all of four maybe even five since I got my first nub in a trade. I don't remember the details of the story on how this one got its name but it was kind of funny in a nerdy way if i can recall anything.

Been looking at this thing for ages. With a little hesitation I figured it was time to put it on the site. Because like i said, i do think there is something this thing wants that i am not giving it to really be in its glory. I mean it is pretty but it's full potential is not being realized for me yet. So here he is.

The original Miyagi Tort

b2fceea5-0c71-4f19-8396-6d6cf4e9b338_zps1cf70508.jpg

d4a9a153-78c8-406b-bd11-c7265d34a25e_zps22baf664.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
this thing has been under it all at one point or another. most of its life was spend under 65k iwasakis, then about 6 months under LED and most recently t5 for the last 6 months again.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
awesome guys if any of you have pics to share please feel free:) would love to see some

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, you shouldn't tease these folks, only so many frags to go around. You'll just have to sell me the whole thing :wink:

larcat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam,

A couple of those tips have some "bumpiness" to them.

Do you have any idea what this is? A few of our colonies show something similar.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam,

A couple of those tips have some "bumpiness" to them.

Do you have any idea what this is? A few of our colonies show something similar.

Thanks!

thats just from me handling the colony. I have a separate tank for taking pics in.and I have go move everything to shoot them. its already grown back over:)

J062682l

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this thing has been under it all at one point or another. most of its life was spend under 65k iwasakis, then about 6 months under LED and most recently t5 for the last 6 months again.

Wow!! Which fixture gave you the most growth , and what kind of bulbs do u run ?

Imfortney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my Miyagi Tort. I got mine from Reef Pets. It is still recovering some of its color from me moving it and changing chemistry and also lighting soooooo what I'm saying is it has better color than what you see here.

Miyagi_Tort.jpg

idk how to make the image bigger... but it looked better before i uploaded it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nice i have a couple frags in another tank that have more green as well. looks way better/ not sure why this one is lacking but thats kind of what i was getting at in the first post. It has way more potential than what mine looks like right now. lol Thanks for sharing.

as for growth of course the 65ks are grow powerhouses!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 113 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.7%
Back