!!!You asked for it PURPLE FLAMINGO!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If by chance you happened upon this thread at all in the last day or so, you would have heard me mention the Purple Flamingo and how I'll get a pic soon or someday..............................

Well i guess that finally inspired me to shoot this gem because that day is today! No idea why i have waited this long. Seeing this today and really getting a good long look at it made me realize how gorgeous it is. The Purple is like the aficionados Pink flamingo. Very similar in color shape and structure but she's a bit more finicky though and over all no where near as easy to pull the pretty out of. You almost have to form a relationship with this one. Like you need to get to know her before she shows you here true colors. And yes I am laying it on pretty thick here. Sappy as ever there but hey if we are going to continue to give acros silly names then lets just go all in. Total package.

So here you go. Almost two years captive, one of three small Purple Flamingo colonies I have. The prettiest of the three as well. Again i had to work for this one! notice the yellow in the polyps on the close ups. For me that is what really sets this one apart from the recent rash of wild yellow tippers flooding in.

So again, I mean it when I say this one may not be for you. Its even likely that it will brown out and not come back but if you have the feel for it and can give it what it wants you'll be pleasantly rewarded and can bask in the satisfaction of knowing you pulled it off.

IMG_1202-2_zpsa82a5906.jpg

IMG_1198-2_zps7ab12bae.jpg

IMG_1198_zpsc33f4e9f.jpg

IMG_1202-4_zps6fead78a.jpg

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****. Mine is browned out but the green is showing. It's growing for now. We'll see how it will turn out.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
****. Mine is browned out but the green is showing. It's growing for now. We'll see how it will turn out.
Give it time for sure. The one in this thread is growing under heavy actinic t5s. Cant really say thats the winning recipe but so far its done the best of all three.

So how do i get a piece??? LOL

easy PM me:)

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time for sure. The one in this thread is growing under heavy actinic t5s. Cant really say thats the winning recipe but so far its done the best of all three.

easy PM me:)

Mine is currently under ATI t5s + A360W kessils. It's getting the full spectrum of light for sure with these lights on it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is currently under ATI t5s + A360W kessils. It's getting the full spectrum of light for sure with these lights on it.

yeah like i said its a tricky thing. Wish i could offer some real advice but with the purple its a toss up for sure lol

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Very nice :) I need to shoot that knockoff CJ you sent me. It is similar, sprouted into a little mini colony and looks pretty comparable to this, with subtle purple, branches a bit more conventional and orderly. I put a little true CJ by it, and now I will move this one in for a side-by-side-by-side growth comparison :) Just need a pink flamingo to complete the quartet ;P

And then a JF Flame, and a RMF Flavor Parade....maybe a Gila Monster...

Accepting donations to this experiment from anyone reading this ;)

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of this one (thanks). It definitely browned a bit in shipping, and I still haven't gotten polyps out of it yet. But, it's turning back to a deep purple and has green highlights, so something is going right. It's getting blasted pretty good with a 250W 14k Phoenix (plus royal blue CREEs).

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral and I are struggling to connect :p

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 38 30.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%

Back