!!!JUNE RUBY STAG, LIKE No OTHER!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK lots of you have this one now. Many of my free for all stag packs included big pieces of this one and I have been peppering packs with freebies for a long time now too.

The only thing i haven't done with this beauty is shoot it. You guessed it.....till today! I had a good long look at this thing from the top down early this week and said "thats it! This thing is amazing and its going in photo tank this weekend. I have to show this one off asap!"

Now one thing i have know about it from shooting frags in various packs is that its a tough one to photograph. It has a real soft blue inner glow especially near the tips thats almost impossible to really capture without saturating the crap out of the pic. I treaded very gently with my levers and this is as close to a real life representation as i could get. You'll have to trust me when i say these colors are not embellished at all in fact a lot of the soft glow is still not represented in these pics. There is an amazing transition from white to blue to pink/purple in the new growth this that blows me away. And anyone thats got it growing and wants to chime in you are more than welcome! share pics stories whatever lol! Tell me what you think of this one and how its looking in your tank.

This colony has actually been growing under reef breeders Led's for about 6 months now and was under t5s for about a year and a half before that. I have been cutting monster frags from it all the while so your right to assume its been a fast grower for me as well:)

I just couldn't keep this hidden any longer so here she is. A welcome gem to any stag lovers collection

The June Ruby Stag

IMG_1221-2_zps5becca7b.jpg

IMG_1221_zpsc1bbc744.jpg

IMG_1226_zps0d57b8a3.jpg

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gorgeous piece for a freebie. Can't wait to be more confident in my sps skills so I can order a pack of your beauties.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a gorgeous piece for a freebie. Can't wait to be more confident in my sps skills so I can order a pack of your beauties.

lol no joke i have given away trees of this thing. sometime i don't know what i am thinking!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
whoops she got bumped way to fast. lets bring this one back to the top!!@

CHEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up Adam? I agree the june ruby stag is a gem. mine is turning it one of my favorite stags.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, now I gotta ask about the name.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's awesome, now I gotta ask about the name.

Ha ha. Good question. Well, if i recall a couple years ago around the time i got this piece my son was watching some cartoon on netflix and one of the characters was names Ruby June or something like that. I just took that and pulled the old switch-a-roo and there you have it.

No mystic philosophical meaning at all lol. This ones named after a cartoon! I have said it many times before. Its all pretty tongue in cheek for me when it comes to naming these things:wink:

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh, was just expecting a red colored piece with the ruby in the name so I figured there had to be something to it.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ahhh, was just expecting a red colored piece with the ruby in the name so I figured there had to be something to it.

i will say the tips were the inspiration. Truly they are a brilliant pink/purple in person. They came out pretty washed in the pic:(

Crna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a gorgeous stag, definitely going on my wish list! Thanks for sharing!

Browner20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, awesome stag. Got to this thread in your rant about the fresh cuts. Rest assured my new 60 gal SPS tank will be seeded by a purchase from you. I've grabbed a couple montis and acros from my LFS who is offering great sales cause they are moving. However the response from these threads and the obvious quality of your frags is impressive. Looks like I know what to ask my wife for Christmas - A Battlecorals Pack!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a pretty cool looking stag :)

Adam, awesome stag. Got to this thread in your rant about the fresh cuts. Rest assured my new 60 gal SPS tank will be seeded by a purchase from you. I've grabbed a couple montis and acros from my LFS who is offering great sales cause they are moving. However the response from these threads and the obvious quality of your frags is impressive. Looks like I know what to ask my wife for Christmas - A Battlecorals Pack!

That is a nice stag.......might need to throw it in my pack :)

When I place my next order I would love to add to my pack!

1smile1

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one you gave me is finally growing. Was brown for a long time after shipment. just glad its getting some color back finally. Virgin mermaid on the other hand found its way to the trash....

defiantly going to wait till the frag is encrusted,much better chance at survival. it seems all the was that were not encrusted died..... oh well lesson learned.

Back