!!!BLUE CRUSH i THINK???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well truth be told i just had to shoot this thing before it got fragged again. Should have done this a few months ago before it got ravaged but better late than never. Had finally hit critical mass and was starting to explode but you know i wasnt going to let that happen lol:(

Now what is it really? I believe its called the blue crush. It came in an order of frags I bought from occulus aquatics about four years ago. And this is actually the grown out back up frag off the original grown out colony that I lost within the first couple years. I hadn't really paid much attention to it till recently. I cant deny that its been looking quite nice. No contrasting tips or polyps or any flashy stuff at all really. Just a cool long captive stubby torty thing.

So here is. Not quite as full and clustery as it was a few months ago but still a sweet looking acro. Felt like it was time to shoot this before there was nothing left. Just another glimpse into the collection
:nerd:

IMG_2016_zpspbazgvno.jpg

IMG_2014_zpsnbduo7vt.jpg

HOT REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
955 Connecticut Ave #3101, Bridgeport, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well truth be told i just had to shoot this thing before it got fragged again. Should have done this a few months ago before it got ravaged but better late than never. Had finally hit critical mass and was starting to explode but you know i wasnt going to let that happen lol:(

Now what is it really? I believe its called the blue crush. It came in an order of frags I bought from occulus aquatics about four years ago. And this is actually the grown out back up frag off the original grown out colony that I lost within the first couple years. I hadn't really paid much attention to it till recently. I cant deny that its been looking quite nice. No contrasting tips or polyps or any flashy stuff at all really. Just a cool long captive stubby torty thing.

So here is. Not quite as full and clustery as it was a few months ago but still a sweet looking acro. Felt like it was time to shoot this before there was nothing left. Just another glimpse into the collection
:nerd:

IMG_2016_zpspbazgvno.jpg

IMG_2014_zpsnbduo7vt.jpg

That's a beautiful piece Adam. The polyps are blue with a aqua/green body it does get very polypy come when the lights turn off.

Well were the polyps blue I meant I have a piece similar to yours. Just blue polyps. I see with the growth on one of the tips you have a blue polyp.

Anyways beautiful gem you have there.!

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Oculus fan . Never heard of blue crush .I am unsure whenever I get wet again how hard it will finding those acro's again .EG : Brian Kim's Rainbow Fruitcake or Passion Fruit Tenuis . I could be wrong but it looks similar to the Blue Green Tort they used to offer . I am sure it's not a violet crumble but then again u get some great colors on whatever you grow .

Jepsep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one is pretty awesome Adam! I want that one too! Geez quit putting acros on here and I might be able to retire sometime before I'm 100

fungia_fiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this guy too, and I like it a lot. Mine's still small but it's giving me steady growth. It's got a lot more green in the base than your picture, then shifts to blue then purple on the tips. I've got this one in lower light than I probably should, but it seems to be doing just fine.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, what do you have it growing on and how far from the water surface?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey thanks a lot guys! Wasn't sure if you were going to skim right over this one or not lol

Buddha, agree not the violet crumble got that one and I'm sure of it lol I could try to dig up the old invoice and get to the bottom of this.

Brett, its under leds about 7 inches under the surface in a 10' deep tank:) Its on one of gooches 3x3 ceramic tiles. Great little mount for for growing out. somethings telling me i should start carrying these things. I get asked about them more that coral practically!;)

and i apologize Mr Hot reef that i don't know you name but yes indeed. its got blue in the tips and new growth but the transition to more aqua as the mature. feel free to post anything you got thats similar would love to see

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey thanks guys! thing is i have nuggets liege this guy all over the place. just need to get around to shooting them:)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This one looks like my Copps Miyagi tort. How's it compare to yours?

structure is actually pretty similar maybe not quite as bulbous if thats a word. definitely similar species though.:)

Back