!!OK ZUKERBERG..you WIN. BC-FB LIKE ME GIMMICK PARTY!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Not that I had resisted in fact I had a personal account under the name battle corals that I'm sure at least a few of you know about. Well here's what happens when you do that.

A thousand people want to be your friend which feels really good but ultimately has a major downside. Not one to be unobliging, I added you all. Soon after I was so bogged down with pics of you and your families and where you ate dinner and pics of your kids and your dogs and updates about everything going on in your life from your new tooth brush to tips about using organic paint that FB had become completely unusable for any sane purpose. Again, not that i don't think the world of you all but it had gotten to the point that I didn't know what to do with it all.

You see I didn't really know how it all worked when I signed on and how to avoid that kind of a calamity. But I realized pretty quickly that I should have set up a separate page for Battlecorals outside of what should have been a personal page for me. Now I really don't spend much time over there any way but I see now pretty clearly that is how it works.

Well after procrastinating on wiping that page clean and starting anew for way to long, one day last week my battle corals account was finally erased giving me the fresh start I was looking for.

So why not. Let's get my page liked! Never one to stray from a good gimmick I was thinking
if we can get to 5000 of them, I'll give away $1000.00 frag pack to one lucky liker.

Unless someone has a better idea the only way I can think of to pull this off fairly is to have everyone post here once you've done the deed. Then if and when we hit 5000 I'll have a random number generator pick the post number of the winner. Your chances are 1:5000 and in the meantime I'll start assembling that pack and plug in teasers of it in this thread as we go.

Think that'll work? A simple click or two and you are gold:)

Now I really don't mean to come off as a curmudgeon either. If you want to be my "friend" and see all my kids pics and what not and as well want me to see yours then by all means send the request;)

Battlecorals on FB

Battlecorals on FB

ptpablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like a solid plan to me! I just liked your page! Something special for first like

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
sounds like a solid plan to me! I just liked your page! Something special for first like

Man sure seems like there should be. I'll see what I can come up with

Thanks!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol done!

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked!!!! looking forward to seeing your frag and colony pics in my feed instead of my people posting pictures of all the "snow" everywhere!!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just liked your page! ...the real question here is...will you still be my friend??

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Liked!!!! looking forward to seeing your frag and colony pics in my feed instead of my people posting pictures of all the "snow" everywhere!!!

I agree...except I'm looking forward to seeing his frags in my TANK! Mwahahaha :tongue:

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked!

Be sure you go into your page settings and pick your URL. It will get that ugly number off the back of the facebook URL.

Also the odds may be better than you think as I am post 11 here but you are at 50 likes already. This means there are 40 people who are not going to qualify ;)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Liked!

Be sure you go into your page settings and pick your URL. It will get that ugly number off the back of the facebook URL.

Also the odds may be better than you think as I am post 11 here but you are at 50 likes already. This means there are 40 people who are not going to qualify ;)

thanks a ton for the tip but i confess i don't really know exactly what you mean. went into settings and clicked on everything couldn't find anything about picking a url? in fact I'm not even sure what you meant about the ugly number?

can you clarify that a little?:eek:oh:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back