!!!The HIM HAWER!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pronounced Him-haw-er.

Really just a joke that I think may only be funny to me but if you remember a short year ago when the Jaw dropper craziness was going on and every other day there was a new thread about Jaw dropper this or Jaw dropper that? The fighting the screaming the envy and rage. It was all there Ricocheting off our monitors like the perfect glossy train wreck that it was.

Well my friends it was about that time that I plucked the original colony of this guy out of a sweet large Aussie order. The coloration was really cool but what struck me the most was that the structure was identical to any of the Jaw dropper pics I had been seeing at the time. All with growth of course.

I thought about going with some silly knock off version like green dropper or blue polyp dropper or some thing like that. But nah I thought. No good. You remember after the red dragon came on the scene how just any thin brancher after that was some kind of dragon? Well I didn't want any part of that sort of thing happening with this one or any similar structured acro. Just because something kind of resembles another coral you can't just steal the name and switch some letters around to fit what you've got right? Well I mean you can I suppose but not my style.

So the Him Hawer was born. Admittedly as silly of a name as I could muster but it's more of an anti name really. Him-haw-er jaw-drop-er whatever.

Ultimately just another really cool acro coming soon to the fancy new Battlecorals site that is also coming soon;)

Here is a chunk of the original wild piece. No captive growth at all really but the resemblance to the JD is there. at least to me;)

IMG_1250-2_zps1ba48cec.jpg

And here is a grown out frag this weekend looking awesome as ever after about a year in my system. Call it whatever you like its just a fine acro by any standard.

IMG_2530-2_zpsgjgn9wz6.jpg

IMG_2530-3_zpsnw8xz0vb.jpg

IMG_2530_zpsu56vpype.jpg

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks nothing like that, LOL! Mine is an overall turquoise color but recently the base started to lighten up so some changes coming. Its basing out now. Will throw up a pic some day, although after those pics it might look depressing.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine looks nothing like that, LOL! Mine is an overall turquoise color but recently the base started to lighten up so some changes coming. Its basing out now. Will throw up a pic some day, although after those pics it might look depressing.

this one seems to really like radiums. not nearly as impressive under t5 or led. Pretty but not as excellent. I think i found the sweet spot for this one.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Himhawerjawdropperbluepolypyellowbaseultraawesome aquaculture acropora. And a new acropora name was born! You can use it if you want.

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo glad you finally shot this adam. My frag is doing great. It hasn't done much of anything but just sits there looking pretty :)

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And.. that's what i get for saying my piece is doing good. I get home from work and i see this...

Going to send you a pm Adam here in a bit

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wants to color up....it does but it's being a little brat about it.....

Will use this thread for updates. This pic is at least a few weeks old. Looks like soon the base color wants to come through.....

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It wants to color up....it does but it's being a little brat about it.....

Will use this thread for updates. This pic is at least a few weeks old. Looks like soon the base color wants to come through.....

Looking good id say! this one has been slower to really adjust well to leds. Yours has rounded the corner quite nicely. I have found under halide and t5 it's a beast, but seeing yours is very reassuring:)

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks! I'm looking at it right now and I'm seeing some glow to the base that wasn't there when the pic was taken. I will be adding 2 T5 bulbs to my system soon so maybe it will unleash the monster!

That said after seeing some of these frags grow up, I've noticed that as they get larger, all of a sudden new colors pop up out of nowhere. A perfect example is my PC superman. As you know it was one of my most underwhelming frags I got in my pack. Just recently some blue tips started popping up and my love for that coral has been restored! Same with my Joe's rainbow, the bigger the base gets, the more I can taste the rainbow!!!!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back