Ending the Debate: The Truth About Carbon Blocks. (EP2: The Results)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the final video from our two part series: Ending the Debate: The Truth About Carbon Blocks.

Do you have chloramines in your water supply? What filter(s) are you using to treat them? Let us know below!

[video]GZQBDqZzu04[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good start on a very important topic. I'd love to see the results of the large chloramine monster, the standard chlorplus filters by pentek, and the final numbers after running the filters in series. I think that would give us a better idea of what the real world results would be going into our RO membranes. After seeing the results of your initial tests, I would bet that around 80% of people are ruining their RO membranes in months and continuing to run them for years with chloramines passing right through them after that.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good start on a very important topic. I'd love to see the results of the large chloramine monster, the standard chlorplus filters by pentek, and the final numbers after running the filters in series. I think that would give us a better idea of what the real world results would be going into our RO membranes. After seeing the results of your initial tests, I would bet that around 80% of people are ruining their RO membranes in months and continuing to run them for years with chloramines passing right through them after that.

Thanks! We may need to do a comparison video on the various different chloramine filters since there has been a lot of talk about them. I think there are also many people out there that may not even know that their water source contains chloramines. :)

Lemec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some chloromine tests for my RO water since I use it as my water in my office sterilizer as well, and mine tested at 0. I've had my RO/DI UV system running for a few years and I change the filters as needed.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back