1350 mi. drive for a clam !!!

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right a friend and myself drove over 1350 miles to buy a squamosa clam. Sound crazy ? That's what everyone said until they saw it. We drove from Ft.lauderdale Fl. to Pure Reef in Alpharetta Ga. and back in 24hrs. If you live in the U.S. and enjoy any type of fish Pure Reef in Alpharetta Ga. is worth the drive !! They have the cleanest and nicest store I've ever been to. Super friendly staff amazing livestock and great prices. My new clam is over 12" !! Huge an healthy it's by far the best purchase I've ever made for my system. To keep it alive we had a power inverter running a heater and filter the whole time.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what Im talking about!! You don't find too many big clams like that anymore.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow just wow!! That clam looks amazing!! :)

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow impressive, glad it made it back in great shape. Good luck, we'll do anything we can to get what we can in this hobby.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy heck. 1350mi, Great clam. Most me and Gab have traveled is about 350Miles maybe 400 total miles in a day back and fourth. you SIR ARE THE MAN!

OP
OP
Mtnbikedan01

Mtnbikedan01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy heck. 1350mi, Great clam. Most me and Gab have traveled is about 350Miles maybe 400 total miles in a day back and fourth. you SIR ARE THE MAN!
I thank you sir ! I'm just glad it wasn't any further. Soon I will be looking for another monster clam, I hope I don't have to go too far. But then again I've never been to California.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back