• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

"Your Reef" for Clams ?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
have any of you bought clams from Your Reef ?

We're done with buying from ORA,.... through Dr. Fosters & Smith.

Clams

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they have a great selection, and larger than 1.5".

tcarter1936

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a 5" turqoise maxima
1409440259932.jpg

Cjscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never bought a clam from yr or anyone but I know whenever I go in there john always has nice clams.

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a few from YR and they're beautiful. Some of the healthiest specimens I've seen seen. Done with ORA as well. Lost (2) from Diver's Den - one DOA on arrival, the other a week later. I've heard alot of folks and dealers losing them lately.

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jen B just picked up 5 clams i think from there.

JenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had 4 delivered - great to deal with and very happy with my clams :) I will say that one was DOA - however they promptly fixed it - getting a clam on my next order. They were super friendly and very easy to deal with. I would recommend them.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 223

bigsink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience with your reef. Dr Mac is another great source for clams if your reef runs out.

Greenhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+10 on your reef clams. Have purchased 2 from john. Never had an issue with mortality. John is one of the only guys around that actually knows how to take care of small clams. He got in some really cool black and golds the other day. Had one black and white maxima that I wanted but it was already on hold. I believe he goes and hand picks his clams from the wholesale place. This is why you don't hear about very many dying. Make sure you get the run down from John if you get a small guy. You'll be surprised how good they do if fed correctly.

OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info everyone. Keep it coming !

Last edited:
OP
OP
427HISS

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jen B- great clams and colors !
Their selection seems to be some of the most beautiful in our search !

bigsink- I assume you're referring to Pacific East Aquaculture ?
If so, we've been looking there for some time now, and yes, they look great also, even though they haven't added to much the last week.

Greenhead- thanks for all the info. I'm going to try and call them today. I left a messages last week and he did call back, but we were not home. We want to buy our next clam there !

Rarend99- again, please post a pic.

If fact, all of you post more photo's that you've received from YourReef.com

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back