*URGENT* Clam is stuck on rod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice for what happens when a clam closes its mouth on something and won't let go ? I had a rod in the tank that accidentally bumped into it, and it will NOT let go. I'm extremely worried about it. Please help. It's a maxima.

Tom@HaslettMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't force it out. Let the clam open when it's ready. I would try to prop the rod so when the clam does open the rod does not fall further in.

Tom

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the clam dangling on the end of it above the sandbed, it has to hold up its own weight right now... If it's mantle is a bit damaged will it be ok ? Only slightly.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a fishing rod to be specific, it's hooked on the rim so the end is freely floating above the bottom.

Tom@HaslettMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the clam dangling on the end of it above the sandbed, it has to hold up its own weight right now... If it's mantle is a bit damaged will it be ok ? Only slightly.

A bit of mantle damage for an otherwise healthy clam shouldn't be a problem.

Can you make it so the clam is not dangling? Having to hold up its own weight may be one of the reasons it has not opened up.

Tom

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It let go .... Oh thank God.. it's mantle is a little ripped, but otherwise it's completely open, and back to normal. He is a little easier to spook now though. Thank you for responding

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I got it, it's been very active and open. I'd say it's a pretty healthy clam, right under my kessil A350w.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing haha. This is it before it happened, a few weeks ago with all daylights on, no blue LEDs. One happy maxima.

Attachments

• 1416723144769.jpg
    1416723144769.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it as a way to quickly move and rearrange things in the tank. It's just easier than getting my gloves on and diving in there to adjust a frag haha. I was moving my blasto frag away from my frogspawn, and as I was pulling it out it bumped into the clam

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back