OP
OP
Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "they" are you just referring to all wholesalers or one specifically? I understand some are different than others, but I know of a few that might hold onto stuff until they have a buyer, but none that hold onto something for a holiday.

More than one. I remember a few years ago there were a few "valentines day scolys" saved for the holiday. It's a business thing to make money.

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome for sure. I saw one that looked a little pink in fiji diving but I've never seen anything that pink. Makes me wonder if it's the true color. If it is I would pay $$$$$$$$ for it myself. WOW

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any profesional photo shoppers out there no if its shopped or not?

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because every pink Maxima that I have seen for sale "and it wasn't very many of them" were all offered for sale right at Valentines day and advertised ast Valentines clams...

What makes you think they hold onto clams till a holiday?

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look photo shopped to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way thats really cool. Something new in this hobby around every turn. Thanks for sharing

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure it is legit, I found another one internet surfing

valentines20day20clam.jpg

Last edited:

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure it is legit, I found another one internet surfing

valentines20day20clam.jpg

Also from more research I just found that ORA released a few around valentines day at some point, kinda like what skinz already stated. They are in the "rare" "unique" "insert word that means better than normal here" group of clams that are in their possession.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to zoom in on the very first posted picture of the Pink clam and noticed that there's quite a bit of pink hues all over the image file. In my profession we call the "pink" as tint of magenta. Even the crushed rocks has a tint of pink ... so I don't think that is the actual color in all honesty!

Paul

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That answers the question. Man I wanted a hot pink clam. LOL. Oh well at least the picture looks cool

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to zoom in on the very first posted picture of the Pink clam and noticed that there's quite a bit of pink hues all over the image file. In my profession we call the "pink" as tint of magenta. Even the crushed rocks has a tint of pink ... so I don't think that is the actual color in all honesty!

Paul

That answers the question. Man I wanted a hot pink clam. LOL. Oh well at least the picture looks cool

I think the 1st image might have had a little bit of help(whether it was from photoshop or just a bulb combination, I do not have a clue), but the image I posted of the other one I found I think looks a little more accurate with a silver/gray/pink color.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I'd like to think its real but im going with my gut and saying it is well photo shopped. Cool pic though!:squigglemouth:

WilD ReeFer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry i dont come on here alot but here is my mine just in time for valentines right hahah
359ii6b.jpg

dfae7q.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back