Jackson's 115 Gallon Custom Cube 32x32x26

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man oh man :) Great thread. Cant wait to see some single shots from all your coral :) just got really excited :p . looking forward jackson!.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man oh man :) Great thread. Cant wait to see some single shots from all your coral :) just got really excited :p . looking forward jackson!.

Thanks Rob. I'm sure one of these days you'll see this tank in person and i'll see your as well :) Once I get rid of this **** cyano I'll break out he SLR and take real photos.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on it jackson .......and do u think the cyano came from the new sand ? im having a issue also by adding new sand i think ......

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Are you running a fuge or just a ton of LR? Shots of sump in action would be great!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.

Kingator, I have a huge bioload in a young tank. I expected cyano in response to my quick rocking in a new system lacking enough bacteria. The cyano is 100% gone now thanks to a 3 day blackout and the addition of Microbe-lift special blend. Anytime you put pressure on your biological filtration, cyano seems to be the result :)

FlyinBryan, I don't have a pic an the moment. Nothing special though. I run a filter sock, 25lbs of rock rubble, and a skims sm203 skimmer in my sump.

UPDATE :)

Everything has been going well. I had a cyano outbreak for a while but it's mostly gone now. I attribute this to a 3 day blackout, special bend bacteria, and keeping things clean….. Actually, I've been keeping the tank more low nutrient that usual so colors are a little pastel lately. I'll fix this in time
smile.png
Happy Valentines Day!

DSC_0011 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

DSC_0017 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

This thing has been growing quick. Can anyone think of a cool name for it?

Feb 10 2014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Android monti

IMG_7696 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Feb 14 2014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

A video at feeding time. Watch in HD
smile.png

Feeding Time - YouTube

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video from the other night. The tank is at the 4 month mark now.

[video=youtube;oL68Yz8TMYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL68Yz8TMYs&google_comment_id=z13fiz4hblib fxn5i04cgphp2n2mhnqbjng0k&google_view_type#gplusco mments[/video]

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow looks good!!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks revhtree! Keep it up with this awesome site.

jservedio, it doesn't have a name (yet). This was some generic blue aussie frag that looked like a blue tenuis. Over several months I noticed red coralites and polyps forming. This is the joy of messing with wild stuff. You never know what it's going to turn into.
Here's a current pic of that coral. It's growing at a good clip.

IMG_8251 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video update

The tank is doing very well. The corals have been growing fast and coloring up more. I added some diversity to my fish and zoa collection. The video was taken with an iPhone 5. Hope you enjoy:neutral:

I can only get the link to display? Is there a way to display a thumbnail video hosted on flickr?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/110930925@N05/13166448834/

Last edited:
OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snapped a quick pic with my iPhone yesterday. I am very busy working this time of year so the tank just gets basic maintenance done. Sometimes I don't see it the lights on for a few days. Everything seems to be doing well. Growth may have slowed a little. I had problems with both of my phosban reactors so no carbon or GFO has been used for the past few weeks. I plan on getting better quality reactors soon and running both medias again.

May5 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow
Nice stand, tank, scape, and corals. That tank has it all.
Great job!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow
Nice stand, tank, scape, and corals. That tank has it all.
Great job!

Thanks! I appreciate the good words.

I made some changes to the lighting and I have more color pop than before. I added 2 blue reefbrites to my sfiligoi fixture (400w radium + 4xt5)
Very difficult to get an accurate white balance though :/

Stratos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I snapped a quick pic with my iPhone yesterday. I am very busy working this time of year so the tank just gets basic maintenance done. Sometimes I don't see it the lights on for a few days. Everything seems to be doing well. Growth may have slowed a little. I had problems with both of my phosban reactors so no carbon or GFO has been used for the past few weeks. I plan on getting better quality reactors soon and running both medias again.

May5 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Αmazing.
Very bright and beautifull tank :)

Back