60gal Cube

boxer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Here are a few pictures of my progress so far. Ive been slowly working on this tank for about 6 months. Its time to let you guys decide if I did a good job. This is my first attempt at doing an elaborate aqua-scape. It didnt turn out quit as awsome as some I have seen. All and all im content with my rookie results. On the overflow cover you will notice a rock that I have attached using magnets. This is an idea i have been playing around with. The rest of the rock work is locked together and I used epoxy for the over hangs and unstable bits. My lights are diy leds. They consist of 36 3w cree leds with a 50/50 mix of royal blue and cool whites. Also i have added a total spectrum uv led for added color, moonlight, and spectrum range. The unit has basic independent dimming on the blues and whites. The lenses range between 45-80 degrees. This unit was for my old 29gal cube. I added 12 more leds changed the layout and switched from series wiring to parallel strings. The pumps are all jebao. Dc 3000 return pump and a wp 25 powerhead. I may need an additional wp 25 later own once the tank gets coral. Im using a 10gal sump with filter socks and a gravity fed auto-top off float switch. I have a phosban 150 for polymers that I will hook up in the future once the tank is fully stocked. Im going skimmer-less on this system. To remove dissolved organics im using a cyptic zone in the main sump. I have added a starter seed pack from Reef Farmers. later I will be adding an additional 5 gal sump with a completely blacked out rear compartment for further culture of sponges and other cryptic organisms. The front compartment will be used to house ornamental sea squirts and other cool NFS organisms. In the main compartment of the main sump I will be growing macro algae. Im now working on a culture system for micro algae and zoo-plankton to dose for the coral. As far as maintenance im going to continue weekly water changes, clean filter socks, keep fresh water in the auto-top off reservoir, hand scrape algae off the display, dosing two part, and checking parameters. The whole idea for this build was simplicity so I can enjoy watching my tank mature using as much natural filtration and food sources as possible to achieve good coral and fish health. Instead of worrying about over whelming maintenance and pricey equipment failure that drive alot of people away from this wonderful hobby.

Current cryptic zone with seed rocks

will post more pics of the light later. Photo Bucket is taking a poop right now. sry

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDs look nice!! :) may you please repost a picture of your tank. It won't let me see your pictures except the LEDs

OP
OP
B

boxer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Few things i picked up at the swap yesterday.
JF Yellow Jacket Acro
JF Mr. Yuck Acro
JF Spit Fire Lepto
Neon Green Hammer from JoeKnowsReefs
ORA Maxima from EastPacificAquaculture

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your DC3000? I bought on for my soon to be built CadLighs 70G. Have you had a power loss? Just wondering about delayed restart of pump and how long it took for it to kick back in.
Thx

Back